Welcome to SUSLA's Office of eLearning
Learning Anytime, Anywhere...
The Office of eLearning (OeL) is a new support unit of the Office of Academic and Student Affairs, established to assist faculty and staff in using educational technologies that help support their teaching and enhance the learning and retention of students. The primary responsibility of the OeL is faculty and staff development and support for the synchronous and asynchronous delivery of electronic course content. The strategic functions and key operations of the OeL are derived from its mission, and include the following focus areas:
- Responding to the ever-changing higher education landscape by promoting educational opportunity, access, student success and affordability.
- Establishing the University’s eLearning direction, strategy metrics and reporting.
- Review and report on new and creative uses for educational technology.
- Advocate for the integration of technology into the academic environment to support eLearning.
- Providing approval, facilitation and evaluation of electronic courses and programs.
- Managing eLearning initiatives to transform academic programs.
- Ensuring that students enrolled in electronic courses are provided appropriate academic services, student services and technical support.
- Provide high-quality academic support services for faculty who teach web-based and web-enhanced courses.
- Provide technical and pedagogical training in effective design and delivery of electronic courses as well as promote the best practices in these areas.
- Provide training and support for faculty and staff on the University’s current learning management system.
- Provide technical training and support faculty and staff use of software applications and multimedia assistance through workshops and individual assistance.
- Promoting and facilitating the implementation of “Quality Matters” (QM) standards for eLearning.
- Provide training on using the QM rubric as a catalyst for implementing quality online teaching.
- Provide assistance to faculty in preparing for peer review of their course.
- Providing consultation on the selection of academic computer hardware and software as it relates to the facilitation of eLearning.
The Office of eLearning facilitates the use of state-of-the-art technology to connect students to faculty members, classmates, and course instruction. OeL engages in electronic course delivery to give students the flexibility to achieve an appropriate balance of work, family, community, and educational commitments. We provide students with tools to further their academic career with classes and support that fits their lifestyle.
Director, Office of eLearning
Southern University at Shreveport