Leonard C. Barnes Administration Bldg.
The newly-remodeled Leonard C. Barnes Administration Building houses the Chancellor's Office, as well as the Administrative offices of Academic Affairs, Fiscal Affairs, Student Affairs, and Community Outreach - Workforce Development - Title III Programs. Academic offices include Academic Outreach Programs, the Writing/Foreign Language Computer Lab, the Testing Center, classrooms, and several faculty offices. Additional offices include the Financial Aid Office, the Registrar's Office, the Admissions Office, Cashier, the Information Technology Center, the Willie Burton Museum, and the Office of Institutional Effectiveness/Assessment, Research, Grants and Sponsored Programs
The L.C. Barnes Administration Building is named in honor of the longest serving Chancellor of Southern University at Shreveport (1970-1987). Dr. Barnes was appointed the campus' second chief executive officer, continuing to lead as Vice President of the Shreveport campus in the Southern University System and subsequently as Chancellor when the system board replaced the vice presidency title.
A three-time all-American running back (1941, 1942 and 1946), Dr. Barnes was inducted into the Southern University Sports Hall of Fame in 1989 and the Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) Hall of Fame in 1994. As Chancellor Emeritus of SUSLA, Dr. Barnes holds board membership with the Southern University at Shreveport Foundation and the Louisiana Community and Technical College System.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony dedicating the building was held on March 18, 2005