Case Manager II
Reposted Date: July 11, 2014
Southern University at Shreveport, Louisiana (SUSLA) is accepting applications for the Case Manager II position. SUSLA is a comprehensive community college serving Shreveport, Bossier City, and surrounding areas in Northwest Louisiana. It is one of five campuses constituting the Historically Black Southern University System. The University serves approximately 3,000 undergraduate students and offers 32 undergraduate degrees and certificate programs in a variety of fields including Allied Health, Nursing, Aerospace Technology, Business Studies, Behavioral Science/Education and Science & Technology.
• Oversight of file and case management within the adult literacy and/or job training programs
• Design, plan and implement a comprehensive service plan for individual participants to meet student learning outcomes and achieve career goals
• Maintain program documentation requirements and data input
• Assist the University/Division in achieving its vision and mission; focus on customer service, accountability, integrity and have a willingness to assist as needed
• Student oversight and navigation through the education process including the development of the IEP
• Develop relationships with students, including an understanding of their outside supports, to identify resource/supportive needs and communicate those needs and appropriate information to provide most effective service delivery possible
• Administer test instruments (i.e. Discover, Workkeys) and utilize results to assist students in developing strategies for success, and making realistic educational and career decisions
• Identify resources to meet supportive service needs such as tutoring or counseling; problem-solve, review the IEP and/or service plan and modify as needed
• Provide special programs and career guidance activities that reinforce classroom instruction inclusive of, but not limited to the following topics: career values, career awareness, career decision-making/planning, economic awareness/exploration, job search and interview skills, and employability skills
• Facilitate the completion of job readiness portfolios and mentor assignments
• Assist with bridging students from adult literacy to further education, military or employment
• Serve as advisor to student-led Professional Association Chapter (solicit, enroll, participate)
• Serve on advisory committee for adult literacy programs and student services
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
• Case Management experience in Adult Education, job placement, vocational skills training or welfare-to-work
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong computer skills, flexibility and ability to work well under pressure
Salary range: $28,000 – $35,000
This is a full time position. Some evening/weekend work and travel may be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties.
Criminal background check and reference verification is required.
Southern University at Shreveport, an institution within the Southern University and A & M System, seeks to provide quality education for its students, while being committed to the total community. This institution prepares students for careers in technical and occupational fields; awards certificates, diplomas and associate degrees; and offers courses and programs that are transferable to other colleges and universities. Dedicated to excellence in instruction and community service, this open enrollment institution promotes cultural diversity, provides developmental and continuing education, and seeks partnerships with business and industry.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Send cover letter, resume, official transcript(s), and three reference letters to:
Wayne H. Bryant, Director of Human Resources
Southern University at Shreveport
3050 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Shreveport, LA 71107
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications begins Friday, July 18, 2014 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender or disability. Title IX Coordinator: Ms. Linda Hines, Fine Arts Building, Room C01, (318) 670-9480. Section 504 Coordinator: Ms. Rubie Scere, Johnny L. Vance Jr. Student Activity Center, Room 212, (318) 670-9473.
Equal Opportunity Employer