The following items are required to be considered for admission to the university:
Application for Admission:
To apply online, click here.
For application types, click here.
A non-refundable application fee of $20.00 ($30.00 fee for international students.) The application fee can be paid online when submitting your application, or it can be mailed in the form of a cashier’s check. All students are required to pay the appropriate application fee.
High School Transcript or GED Results (New First-time Freshmen Only):
- If you have graduated from high school, you must submit final official high school transcript showing evidence of obtaining a high school diploma.
- If you obtained a General Educational Development (GED), you must submit an official report of test scores.
- If you have not graduated from high school, we will accept a 6th, 7th, or 8th semester transcript until the final transcript can be submitted.
- Note: We will accept a faxed copy of your high school transcript or GED results for provisional acceptance, pending receipt of official documents. Fax to 318-670-6483.
Louisiana Department of Education
Post Office Box 94064
Baton Rouge, LA 70804-9064
If you have not graduated from high school, we will accept a 6th, 7th, or 8th semester transcript until the final transcript can be obtained from your school. We will accept a faxed copy of your high school transcript or GED results for provisional acceptance, pending receipt of official documents. Fax to 318-670-6483. Note: It will not be necessary for Louisiana high school students who graduated after 2004 to submit transcripts. We will obtain the transcript from the Board of Regents Student Transcript System.
Official College Transcript (Transfer Students):
- Transfer applicants must submit official transcripts from each prior college/university. Transcripts are required regardless of whether or not credit was earned, or is desired at SUSLA. Failure to acknowledge attendance at each school in which he or she has been enrolled is subject to dismissal from the University.
- Official transcripts are also required of former SUSLA students who have enrolled at another school since last enrolled at SUSLA.
- Official transcripts cannot be faxed. They can be sent electronically via e-Scrip (ask your former school about e-Scrip).
ACT or SAT scores:
All new first-time freshmen under 25 years of age are required to submit ACT or SAT scores.
- Applicants who have not taken the ACT must take it on one of the established test dates set by the SUSLA Testing Center. Contact the SUSLA Testing Center at 318-670-9450 for
- We will accept test scores via fax. Fax to 318-670-6483.
Proof of Immunization:
- Students born after 1956, proof of immunization or immunity to measles, mumps and rubella, and meningitis must be provided to the Office of Admissions and Records prior to
registration. This policy applies to all students entering SUSLA for the first time and all students returning after an absence of one semester or more. Proof of
tetanus/diphtheria immunization is also required.
A student is not officially enrolled until all steps prescribed by the Institution are completed. Registration procedures are made available to students at the beginning of each registration period and are published in the semester class bulletin. If a student fails to complete registration within a designated period, a late fee may be charged. No credit is allowed for courses taken in which the student is not officially enrolled. A student is not officially enrolled until all fees have been paid.
For instructions to Apply Online, click here.
To apply online, click Apply Now.
Records submitted become the property of the University and will not be returned. Falsification of any information when applying for admission may result in the denial of admission or dismissal from the University. Provisional admission of thirty days may be granted pending receipt of required data. The registration of any student whose admission records are still incomplete thirty days after the first day of classes may be automatically canceled with no refund of fees.