The Southern University at Shreveport Office of Student Retention Services is committed to providing each student with a positive and enriching academic experience while helping reach his or her academic potential. It also provides support to students who have questions about SUSLA's policies, procedures and services.
Using the following methods, the Office of Retention Services fulfills its purpose of supporting students until their educational goals at SUSLA are complete:
- Creating a nurturing environment
- Encouraging pre-registration and registration for the following semester
- Coaching students to advocate for themselves within the University system
- Serving as a referral for students needing academic and personal support
- Providing an opportunity for students to share issues and concerns that are preventing academic success
- Helping students to develop strategies for successful matriculation
College life can sometimes be difficult to balance, but the Office of Student Retention Services is ready to help support students during their years at Southern University at Shreveport.
For more information contact:
Johnny L. Vance Student Center
3050 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Shreveport, LA 71107