Student Eligibility/Target Schools
To be eligible for the Upward Bound North Program at Southern University at Shreveport, students must attend one of the following Caddo and Bossier Parish Schools:
- Participants who come from families in which neither parent has completed a four-year college degree (first-generation college students).
- Participants whose family income is within federal requirements.
- Participants must demonstrate a need for academic support, in order to successfully pursue a program of education beyond high school.
- Participants, at the time of initial selection, must have completed the eighth grade but not entered the twelfth grade. They must be at least 13 years old but not older than 19.
- Participants must be citizens or legal residents of the United States.
- Caddo Parish
- Bossier Parish
Initial Determination of Eligibility Form
Outline of the Autobiography
Letter of Introduction from the Director's Desk
Some of these files may be in PDF format.
You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to view the files.
Click HERE to download and install the software.