Leonard C. Barnes Administration Bldg

Leonard C. Barnes Administration Bldg.

The newly-remodeled Leonard C. Barnes Administration Building houses the following:

    The Chancellor's Office
    The Administrative offices of Academic Affairs
    Fiscal Affairs
    Student Affairs
    and Community Outreach - Workforce Development - Title III Programs.

Academic offices include:

    Academic Outreach Programs
    The Writing/Foreign Language Computer Lab
    The Testing Center
    Classrooms and several faculty offices.

Additional offices include:

    The Financial Aid Office
    The Registrar's Office
    The Admissions Office
    Cashier
    The Information Technology Center
    The Willie Burton Museum and The Office of Institutional Effectiveness/Assessment, Research, Grants and Sponsored Programs

Leonard C. BarnesThe L.C. Barnes Administration Building is named in honor of the longest serving Chancellor of Southern University at Shreveport (1970-1987). Dr. Barnes was appointed the campus' second chief executive officer, continuing to lead as Vice President of the Shreveport campus in the Southern University System and subsequently as Chancellor when the system board replaced the vice presidency title.

A three-time all-American running back (1941, 1942 and 1946), Dr. Barnes was inducted into the Southern University Sports Hall of Fame in 1989 and the Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) Hall of Fame in 1994. As Chancellor Emeritus of SUSLA, Dr. Barnes holds board membership with the Southern University at Shreveport Foundation and the Louisiana Community and Technical College System.

A ribbon-cutting ceremony dedicating the building was held on March 18, 2005