What is LiveText?
LiveText is a web-based software application designed to aid in the development of portfolios, course assignments, and standards or outcomes based projects. LiveText will allow you, your instructors and peers to collaborate on classroom assignments as well as track your progress on meeting program outcomes.
LiveText is accessed online at livetext.com and all students and faculty have access to the system. See information below about setting up a LiveText account.
The following video provides information about LiveText in more detail.
How is LiveText used at SUSLA and what are some of the benefits?
• LiveText is used as an online assessment management tool to increase the efficiency and effectiveness in the outcomes reporting process.
• The assessment features of LiveText allows faculty to 1) collect student work (i.e., papers, videos, etc.) for student development and assessment; 2) score student work using a rubric in real-time; and 3) facilitate a holistic and reliable scoring.
• LiveText portfolios can be customized to document professional and academic achievements to share with potential employers.
• The LiveText account is an online space to develop and share academic achievements both within and outside of the institutional community.
• LiveText provides unlimited storage of academic materials in an online environment that can be accessed anywhere there is an internet connection.
How do I set up my LiveText account?
Important for students! All incoming students have LiveText accounts. However, students must register their Skymail accounts before they can use LiveText. A registration email will be sent directly to the student email—via Skymail—to register. The student’s course schedule will automatically be populated in LiveText.
All faculty have LiveText accounts. Faculty should contact the Department of Outcomes Assessment and Quality Management to register their course account.
How long will my LiveText account last?
A LiveText account is active for five years. If you need LiveText beyond the length of the initial membership you can renew your account at a discounted rate for one, two or three-year periods.
Please contact Cleopatra Allen directly to schedule a time for LiveText support or training for course use and Devonye Brown for Institutional Effectiveness support.
Instructional Videos and Demos
Please check here periodically for instructional support videos.