Director of Admissions and Recruitment
Deadline: Review of applications begins Monday, July 16, 2018 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport, Louisiana (SUSLA) is accepting applications for the Director of Admissions and Recruitment. SUSLA is a comprehensive community college serving Shreveport, Bossier City, and surrounding areas in Northwest Louisiana. It is one of five campuses constituting the Historically Black Southern University System. The University serves approximately 3,000 undergraduate students and offers 32 undergraduate degrees and certificate programs in a variety of fields including Allied Health, Nursing, Aerospace Technology, Business Studies, Behavioral Science/Education and Science & Technology.
The Director of Admissions and Recruitment is a critical member of the enrollment management leadership team and is responsible for providing oversight to a dedicated team of admissions staff dedicated to successfully executing SUSLA’s enrollment plan. Reporting to the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management, the Director is responsible for all aspects of the admission process. This includes strategic planning, communication, telecommunications, online communications, budget, and management of the daily operation of the office. The Director exhibits the integral role played by the admissions process in maintaining and strengthening the academic excellence of the University.
Specific duties are:
- Must meet Admissions’ goals set by Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management.
- To develop, execute, and assess office policies, procedures and data processing systems of the Recruitment and Admissions Office.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Admissions Modules in the Banner System with an understanding of the Banner batch/quick admit processes to ensure quick turnaround on new applications for admissions.
- Know and understand the edit check procedures to ensure edit-free reporting to all governing and reporting agencies.
- Know and ensure compliance with all policies and regulations governing the enrollment and tracking of students
- To develop robust recruiting and enrollment strategies to meet the goals of the university.
- To assist the university registrar and financial aid department by assisting with enrollment.
- To promote the university by making presentations and speeches at alumni meetings, high school conferences, and community job fairs.
- To oversee the design of promotional literature and display materials for admissions, and ensure appropriate coordination of admissions and marketing staff.
- To attend conventions, meetings, and conferences as necessary to maintain knowledge of existing and new admissions policies, practices, and procedures.
- Plan professional development workshops and seminars for staff and other stakeholder groups involved in recruiting students.
- Conduct cross-training on Banner and other applications required to process incoming admission applications.
- Provide the chancellor, administrators, and other department heads with pertinent reports, and analyses of admissions statistics.
- To perform other duties and may be assigned by the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management as requested.
Master’s degree plus demonstrated knowledge, competence and 5 or more years’ experience in higher education admissions and/or enrollment management. Advanced degree and/or bachelors in educational administration, communications, business, marketing or related field desirable. Supervisory experience and/or training also desirable.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Excellent communication and managerial skills. Ability to formulate and articulate policies, procedures, expectations, and practices. Strong analytical, problem solving, mathematical/statistical, time management and organizational skills. Ability to use technology efficiently and appropriately. Strong knowledge of the Banner Student System. Knowledge of mail merge and other communication processing. Knowledge of the Board of Regents student profile specifications
$50,000 – $60,000
Send cover letter, resume, transcript(s), and three references to:
Wayne H. Bryant, Director of Human Resources
ATTN: Director of Admissions and Recruitment Vacancy
Southern University at Shreveport
3050 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Shreveport, LA 71107
Southern University at Shreveport does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age or disability. Title IX Coordinator: Dr. Tuesday W. Mahoney, Johnny L. Vance, Jr. Student Activity Center, Room 208, (318) 670-9201. Section 504 Coordinator: Ms. Jerushka Ellis, Health & Physical Education Complex, Room 314, (318) 670-9367.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform duties.
Criminal background check and reference verification is required.
Southern University at Shreveport, an institution within the Southern University and A & M System, seeks to provide quality education for its students, while being committed to the total community. This institution prepares students for careers in technical and occupational fields; awards certificates, diplomas and associate degrees; and offers courses and programs that are transferable to other colleges and universities. Dedicated to excellence in instruction and community service, this open enrollment institution promotes cultural diversity, provides developmental and continuing education, and seeks partnerships with business and industry.