Review of applications begins Friday, July 13, 2018 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport, Louisiana (SUSLA) is accepting applications for the University Recruiter position. SUSLA is a comprehensive community college serving Shreveport, Bossier City, and surrounding areas in Northwest Louisiana. It is one of five campuses constituting the Historically Black Southern University System. The University serves approximately 3,000 undergraduate students and offers 32 undergraduate degrees and certificate programs in a variety of fields including Allied Health, Nursing, Aerospace Technology, Business Studies, Behavioral Science/Education and Science & Technology.
Recruit new students for admittance into quality credit/non-credit offerings at SUSLA in accordance with the mission, goals, and policies of the institution.
- Contacts and meets high school counselors and teachers to explain scope of the program(s).
- Participates in classroom visitation and other special events to explain programs to potential students
- Provides information regarding admissions requirements and program benefits to prospective students and parents via phone, mail and personal visits; follows up with mail or phone call, as appropriate
- Assists new students with the enrollment process and career options
- Produces follow-up reports regarding activities and future plans
- Maintains awareness of new departments in field through conferences and professional development classes
- Works with recruitment staff to coordinate assigned activities with those of other programs, departments, and outside agencies and organizations
- Provides multi-campus support during registration, special events and tours
- Assists new students with the enrollment process including advising, placement testing administration, and registration of first-time students
- May plan, coordinate and organize the college-wide Open House
- May serve as consultant and resource to internal departments with recruitment training and new student enrollment process training via information sessions, committees, and professional development opportunities
- May develop recruitment plan for academic programs; may promote and maintain awareness of programs and other student services
- May plan and implement monthly, multi-campus college information sessions to include activities associated with the SUSLA connect initiatives
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited college or university preferably in marketing or related field and two years of related work experience preferably in higher education
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Knowledge of marketing and sales techniques
- Knowledge of curriculum program offerings at the college and admissions requirements
- Knowledge of human relations and personnel practices
- Ability to work well with individuals with diverse backgrounds
$30,000 to $34,000
Send cover letter, resume, transcript(s), and three references to:
Wayne H. Bryant, Director of Human Resources
ATTN: “University Recruiter” Vacancy
Southern University at Shreveport
3050 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Shreveport, LA 71107
Southern University at Shreveport does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability or any other protected class. Title IX Coordinator: Dr. Tuesday W. Mahoney, Johnny L. Vance, Jr. Student Activity Center, Room 208, (318) 670-9201. Section 504 Coordinator: Ms. Jerushka Ellis, Health & Physical Education Complex, Room 314, (318) 670-9367.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform duties.
Criminal background check and reference verification is required.
Southern University at Shreveport, an institution within the Southern University and A & M System, seeks to provide quality education for its students, while being committed to the total community. This institution prepares students for careers in technical and occupational fields; awards certificates, diplomas and associate degrees; and offers courses and programs that are transferable to other colleges and universities. Dedicated to excellence in instruction and community service, this open enrollment institution promotes cultural diversity, provides developmental and continuing education, and seeks partnerships with business and industry.