Southern University at Shreveport, Louisiana (SUSLA) is accepting applications for the Loan Coordinator SUSLA is a comprehensive community college serving Shreveport, Bossier City, and surrounding areas in Northwest Louisiana. It is one of five campuses constituting the Historically Black Southern University System. The University serves approximately 3,000 undergraduate students and offers 32 undergraduate degrees and certificate programs in a variety of fields including Allied Health, Nursing, Aerospace Technology, Business Studies, Behavioral Science/Education and Science & Technology.
The Loan Coordinator will administer the federal student loan program to ensure students and parents receive comprehensive financial aid counseling and related assistance regarding loan awarding, processing, default prevention and repayment. This position reports to the Director of Financial Aid and Scholarships.
- Counsel students and parents to provide guidance through the loan process
- Perform daily operations of the institution’s Federal Direct Student Loan Program including processing loan applications, entrance and exit loan counseling
- Monitor credit decisions, originations, adjustments, and distribution notifications
- Import and export data to the Common Origination and Disbursement system (COD), EDconnect, and other external systems
- Complete error reports to ensure that financial aid awards are issued in a timely manner
- Provide informational sessions for students and parents on-campus and in the community
- Conduct monthly loan reconciliations and default aversion efforts including using reports from the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) to deter borrower delinquency and report outcomes to Director
- Oversee SUSLA’s Default Prevention Team and provide quarterly reports to Director
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent customer service skills
- Capability to work independently and in a team environment
- Dependability and timeliness
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in data collection
- Strong attention to detail and consistent accuracy in processing
- Two years of student affairs aid experience in a higher education
- Specific knowledge or experience in financial aid and Banner
Salary Range: $32,500-$34,000 (This is a full-time position)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties.
Criminal background check and reference verification is required.
Southern University at Shreveport, an institution within the Southern University and A & M System, seeks to provide quality education for its students, while being committed to the total community. This institution prepares students for careers in technical and occupational fields; awards certificates, diplomas and associate degrees; and offers courses and programs that are transferable to other colleges and universities. Dedicated to excellence in instruction and community service, this open enrollment institution promotes cultural diversity, provides developmental and continuing education, and seeks partnerships with business and industry.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Send cover letter, resume, transcript(s), and three references to:
Wayne H. Bryant, Director of Human Resources
ATTN: “Loan Coordinator” Vacancy Southern University at Shreveport 3050 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive Shreveport, LA 71107 HResource@susla.edu (NOTE: Please type “Loan Coordinator” in the Subject line)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications begins Tuesday, July 3, 2018 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age or disability. Title IX Coordinator: Dr. Tuesday W. Mahoney, Johnny L. Vance, Jr. Student Activity Center, Room 208, (318) 670-9201. Section 504 Coordinator: Ms. Jerushka Ellis, Health & Physical Education Complex, Room 314, (318) 670-9367.
Equal Opportunity Employer