Review of applications begins Monday, June 25, 2018 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport, Louisiana (SUSLA) is accepting applications for the Ombudsman Coordinator. SUSLA is a comprehensive community college serving Shreveport, Bossier City, and surrounding areas in Northwest Louisiana. It is one of five campuses constituting the Historically Black Southern University System. The University serves approximately 3,000 undergraduate students and offers 32 undergraduate degrees and certificate programs in a variety of fields including Allied Health, Nursing, Aerospace Technology, Business Studies, Behavioral Science/Education and Science & Technology.
The Ombudsman Coordinator is a temporary, part-time position. This individual is responsible for assisting the Chief Advancement Officer with all aspects of coordination, set up and implementation of the Welcome Center and services to its target groups. This includes development and implementation of contact group database software, development and dissemination of written correspondence, phone and email correspondence, and ordering of supplies and materials.
- Assist with the development of written material, presentations, contact list, and correspondence for Welcome Center.
- Preparation, implementation and management of eTaperstry alumni and donor database
- Send initial and follow up correspondence to partner groups including alumni, and community stake holders
- Create and update spreadsheets and departmental reports
- Process and track Purchase Requests for department
- Submit weekly and monthly activity/accountability reports
- Schedule meetings, secure meeting spaces and prepare material for ribbon cuttings and grand openings
- Serve as a backup on phones for incoming calls from the general public as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent in experience and training
- Three to five years of work experience in college, university or similarly complex organization or an equivalent mixture of post-secondary education and relevant work experience
- Specific knowledge or experience in database software management
- Demonstrate proficiency in working in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Possess the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate knowledge and understanding of ethics in data collection and analysis
- Possess strong attention to detail is essential
- Work experience in Higher Education Advancement Office setting
$14/hr x 32 hrs/wk
Send cover letter, resume, transcript(s), and three references to:
Wayne H. Bryant, Director of Human Resources
ATTN: “Ombudsman Coordinator” Vacancy
Southern University at Shreveport
3050 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Shreveport, LA 71107
Southern University at Shreveport does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability or any other protected class. Title IX Coordinator: Dr. Tuesday W. Mahoney, Johnny L. Vance, Jr. Student Activity Center, Room 208, (318) 670-9201. Section 504 Coordinator: Ms. Jerushka Ellis, Health & Physical Education Complex, Room 314, (318) 670-9367.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform duties.
Criminal background check and reference verification is required.
Southern University at Shreveport, an institution within the Southern University and A & M System, seeks to provide quality education for its students, while being committed to the total community. This institution prepares students for careers in technical and occupational fields; awards certificates, diplomas and associate degrees; and offers courses and programs that are transferable to other colleges and universities. Dedicated to excellence in instruction and community service, this open enrollment institution promotes cultural diversity, provides developmental and continuing education, and seeks partnerships with business and industry.