Recruiter of Veterans Upward Bound
Review of applications begins Thursday, October 4, 2018 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport, Louisiana (SUSLA) is accepting applications for the Recruiter/Specialist of Veterans Upward Bound (VUB). SUSLA is a comprehensive community college serving Shreveport, Bossier City, and surrounding areas in Northwest Louisiana. It is one of five campuses constituting the Historically Black Southern University System. The University serves approximately 3,000 undergraduate students and offers 32 undergraduate degrees and certificate programs in a variety of fields including Allied Health, Nursing, Aerospace Technology, Business Studies, Behavioral Science/Education and Science & Technology.
The Recruiter/Specialist of Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) is responsible for:
- recruiting veterans into the project
- providing information on postsecondary programs
- collecting and compiling participant data to demonstrate eligibility and service delivery
- assist Veterans with securing support from veteran agencies
- provide personal and group counseling
- establish partnerships within the community with veteran specific programs and agencies in parishes of Region VII
The job will require traveling off site a minimum of 50% to recruit veteran participants, developing community partnerships and conducting presentations, along with other job duties and/or other responsiblities needed by the Director. Transporation will be provided by the University.
- Minimum 2 years of recruiting experience, technical recruiting a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree in Counseling and Guidance or related field or disciplines;
- Minimum of 3 years specific knowledge or experience in GI benefits, veterans services, educational assistance programs such as financial aid, and admissions; Veteran Preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel required.
- Veteran preferred with 5 or more years of recruiting experience for educational advancement.
Send cover letter, resume, transcript(s), and three references to:
Quiana B Skidmore, Human Resources Analyst
ATTN: Recruiter of Veterans Upward Bound
Southern University at Shreveport
3050 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Shreveport, LA 71107
Southern University at Shreveport does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age or disability. Title IX Coordinator: Title IX Coordinator: Dr. Tuesday W. Mahoney, Johnny L. Vance, Jr. Student Activity Center, Room 208, (318) 670-9201.Section 504 Coordinator: Ms. Jerushka Ellis, Fine Arts Building, Room C04 D, (318) 670-9285.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties.
Criminal background check and reference verification is required.
Southern University at Shreveport, an institution within the Southern University and A & M System, seeks to provide quality education for its students, while being committed to the total community. This institution prepares students for careers in technical and occupational fields; awards certificates, diplomas and associate degrees; and offers courses and programs that are transferable to other colleges and universities. Dedicated to excellence in instruction and community service, this open enrollment institution promotes cultural diversity, provides developmental and continuing education, and seeks partnerships with business and industry.