SGA Presidential Cabinet
The SGA Presidential Cabinet was created to advise the President and to bring represent the President in certain areas of the university and community. Members of the SGA Presidential Cabinet are appointed by the President and must be confirmed by the Senate. To reach any cabinet members please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department of Student Justice
The Department of Student Justice shall have the responsibility to:
- To serve as the Legal Advisor to the President of the Student Government Association.
- Shall hand down legal opinions concerning the Constitution and Statutes to any member of the Student Body who requires the same in writing.
- It is the power, duty, and function of the Attorney General to undertake statutory revisions.
- Conduct a systematic and continuous study of the Student Body Statues for consistency and clarity.
- Prepare and submit to the Student Senate recommendations for revisions.
- Shall act as a Chief Legal Advisor of the Executive Branch and represent all SGA officials in matters before the SGA Supreme Court for as long as there are no conflicts of interest with the SGA Executive Branch.
- In the event a SGA Official to be represented has a conflict of interest with any other official with the SGA Executive Brach and does not waive such conflict, then that official shall be represented by the Public Defender or such other student attorney that he/she deems appropriate.
Department of Communications and Community Involvement
The Department of Communication and Community Involvement shall have the responsibility to:
- To provide publicity, press releases, and communications from the Student Government Association to the Student Body.
- To communicate students’ opinions back to the student government.
- To submit copies of all newly enacted legislation amending the Student Government Statutes, all proposed amendments to the constitution, and minutes from every senate meeting to the student published university newspaper.
- To provide publicity, press releases, communication, and lobby for the publication of all newly enacted senate resolutions to the editor of the student published newspaper and other media outlets as deemed necessary by the Student Senate.
- To administrate and delegate tasks to the volunteers.
- To act as a spokesperson/liaison between the person(s) and SGA.
- To research and provide opportunities for students to participate in community service events that will benefit the less fortunate or those in need.
Department of the Events, Planning, and
The Department of Events, Planning, and Activities is responsible for carrying out the proper process of events and activities of the Student Government Association. The department also, must evaluate the overall event or activity through proper documentation.
There shall be an Electoral Commission to assist the Commission in carrying out the responsibilities of the fall, spring and special elections. It shall consist of three (3) individuals selected by the Electoral Commissioner. They must receive a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the Student Senate or Student Review Committee in order to serve.