Southern University at Shreveport's Upward Bound South Bridge program will begin inJune of 2005. All seniors will be encouraged to participate in the bridge program.
The following activities will be implemented in preparation and continuation for and in postsecondary matriculation:
- ACT preparation classes
- Plan and implement postsecondary visits
- Conduct financial aid workshops;
- Provide individual assistance with financial aid applications and admissions
- Assistance with tuition paid for each bridge student up to six (6) credit hours
- Bridge student will be eligible for all Upward Bound South activities and services
- A list of bridge students will be submitted to Student Support Services for counseling and tutoring services
- Continue to assist students during follow-up if needed and if possible through postsecondary graduation.