Advancement Program Coordinator
Full-Time: Review of applications begins Wednesday October 19, 2021 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport, Louisiana (SUSLA) is accepting applications for the Advancement Program Coordinator position. SUSLA is a comprehensive community college serving Shreveport, Bossier City, and surrounding areas in Northwest Louisiana. It is one of five campuses constituting the Historically Black Southern University System. The University serves approximately 3,000 undergraduate students and offers 32 undergraduate degrees and certificate programs in a variety of fields including Allied Health, Nursing, Aerospace Technology, Business Studies, Behavioral Science/Education and Science & Technology.
The Advancement Program Coordinator is responsible for executing a range of administrative, operational, project management and support activities for the Office of Institutional Advancement. This position coordinates services for all units reporting to the Office of Institutional Advancement including: Advancement, Marketing, Graphics, SUMAS, Alumni, and provides part-time clerical support to Human Resources, while maintaining the highest degree of confidentiality and integrity.
- Assist the Chief Advancement Officer in managing strategic internal/external relationships including those in the Office of the Chancellor, Vice-Chancellor offices of campus units, and key external stakeholders; assures information and communication is in proofed, professional and in accordance with best practices prior to distribution.
- Coordinates and updates Chief Advancement Officer’s calendars; distributes agenda for recurring meetings, and planned speaking engagements
- Tracks and follows up on the progress of departmental calendars, initiatives and activities; keeps the Chief Advancement Officer apprised of Activity for units within the Division and new developments. Maintains staff files, requisitions, and unit reports
- Logs donations into electronic donor database; distributes follow-up correspondence for gifts received; interacts with donors and corporate partners virtually and in person
- Assists with development of reports, presentations, annual plans and event plans
- Assists with development and updating of Division’s Operations Manual; Originates and tracks Purchase Requisitions for all units reporting to the Advancement Division
- Assists Ambassadors of the Welcome Center, as needed, with student support services and serves as a backup for incoming calls
- Assistance in Human Resources (25%) to include:
- Greet visitors, answer phones/provide information/route calls
- Take/relay messages, schedule meetings and conference rooms
- Coordinate mail flow in and out of office
- Distribute HR documents including applications, direct deposit, tax forms etc.
- Send email/faxes, collect and distribute parcels and other mail
- Complete requisitions, prepare travel vouchers
- Filing and assist with records retention projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication or related field
- Minimum five (5) years of work experience in college, university or similarly complex organization or an equivalent mixture of post-secondary education and relevant work experience.
- Master’s Degree in Communications or related field
- Experience reporting to senior management
The application can be filled out online at the https://www.susla.edu/ApplicationforEmployment
Please attach cover letter, resume, transcript(s), and three references to application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications begins Friday February 4, 2021 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability or any other protected class. Title IX Coordinator: Dr. Johnetta Banks, Johnny L. Vance Student Activity Center, 2nd Floor/V-210, (318) 670-9201. Section 504 Coordinator: Dr. Anjelica Hart, NCR Building, Room 125, (318) 670-9367.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform duties.
Criminal background check and reference verification is required.
Southern University at Shreveport, an institution within the Southern University and A & M System, seeks to provide quality education for its students, while being committed to the total community. This institution prepares students for careers in technical and occupational fields; awards certificates, diplomas and associate degrees; and offers courses and programs that are transferable to other colleges and universities. Dedicated to excellence in instruction and community service, this open enrollment institution promotes cultural diversity, provides developmental and continuing education, and seeks partnerships with business and industry.