Clinical Coordinator/Instructor of Surgical Technology
Full-Time: Review of applications begins Tuesday, November 10, 2020 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport, Louisiana (SUSLA) is accepting applications for Clinical Coordinator/Instructor of Surgical Technology position. SUSLA is a comprehensive community college serving Shreveport, Bossier City, and surrounding areas in Northwest Louisiana. It is one of five campuses constituting the Historically Black Southern University System. The University serves approximately 3,000 undergraduate students and offers 32 undergraduate degrees and certificate programs in a variety of fields including Allied Health, Nursing, Aerospace Technology, Business Studies, Behavioral Science/Education and Science & Technology.
The Clinical Coordinator must be responsible for organization, administration, continuous review, planning development, and general effectiveness of clinical experiences for students enrolled in the Surgical Technology program.
- Assist in meeting program goals in conjunction with Program Director and other clinical instructors, which are consistent with the goals of the Division of Allied Health Sciences and Nursing and the University.
- Responsible for students attaining the objectives for each didactic or clinical rotation.
- Provide students evaluation on a recurrent basis and with sufficient frequency to provide both the student and program faculty with valid and timely indications of the students’ progress.
- Assist the students in the achievement of the competencies and learning domains stated in the curriculum.
- When in clinical, provide direction and guidance of clinical preceptors.
- Advise students on academic and professional aspects of the program and performance.
- Maintain professional expertise.
- Communicate with Program Director on all issues related to students.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be a certified surgical technologist.
- The Clinical Coordinator should have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the surgical setting of current operating room experience.
- Strong attention to detail is essential.
- Exhibit leadership attributes
- Associate Degree in Surgical Technology
- Teaching experience in Surgical Technology with proficiency in instructional methodology, curriculum design, and program planning.
applicant should have prior experience with educational programs. Bilingual in English/Spanish is an asset.
- Prior TRIO experience
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Send cover letter, resume, transcript(s), and three references to:
Wayne H. Bryant, Director of Human Resources
ATTN: “Clinical Coordinator/Instructor of Surgical Technology” Vacancy
Southern University at Shreveport
3050 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Shreveport, LA 71107
HResource@susla.edu (NOTE: Please type “Clinical Coordinator/ Instructor of Surgical Technology” in the Subject line)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications begins Tuesday, November 10, 2020 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age or disability. Title IX Coordinator: Dr. Tuesday W. Mahoney, Johnny L. Vance, Jr. Student Activity Center, Room 208, (318) 670-9201. Section 504 Coordinator: Ms. Jerushka Ellis, Health & Physical Education Complex, Room 314, (318) 670-9367.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform duties.
Criminal background check and reference verification is required.
Southern University at Shreveport, an institution within the Southern University and A & M System, seeks to provide quality education for its students, while being committed to the total community. This institution prepares students for careers in technical and occupational fields; awards certificates, diplomas and associate degrees; and offers courses and programs that are transferable to other colleges and universities. Dedicated to excellence in instruction and community service, this open enrollment institution promotes cultural diversity, provides developmental and continuing education, and seeks partnerships with business and industry.