Full-Time: Review of applications begins Thursday, January 20, 2022 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport, Louisiana (SUSLA) is accepting applications for the Clinical Instructor position. SUSLA is a comprehensive community college serving Shreveport, Bossier City, and surrounding areas in Northwest Louisiana. It is one of five campuses constituting the Historically Black Southern University System. The University serves approximately 3,000 undergraduate students and offers 32 undergraduate degrees and certificate programs in a variety of fields including Allied Health, Nursing, Aerospace Technology, Business Studies, Behavioral Science/Education and Science & Technology.
Under the immediate supervision of the program director, the clinical instructor is responsible for classroom instruction, laboratory integration, and coordination of student activities within a particular course of study in the respiratory therapy program.
- Meeting all scheduled classes for the full class period.
- Maintaining scheduled office hours as posted.
- Assuming duties, including assignments on committees, over and above assigned classes and office hours.
- Following prescribed course syllabi and adopted textbooks.
- Preparing instructional materials and keeping them current to make the best possible use of each class period.
- Informing students of course objectives, performance objectives, class procedures, and grading policies at the beginning of the semester.
- Enhancing the instructional/learning process by emphasizing effective course organization and planning, faculty/student interaction, communication, level of course difficulty and workload, appropriate textbooks and reading, and tests and examinations.
- Keeping accurate records of student’s attendance, grades, and final semester grade as specified in the policy manual.
- Advising student majors in their respective subject fields or program areas.
- Working cooperatively with other members of the faculty and staff in an effort to contribute to overall institutional effectiveness.
- Maintaining an atmosphere of dignity and propriety conducive to learning in classroom.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- To provide instruction and guidance to the student
- Graduate follow-up survey
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Licensed in the State of Louisiana
- Associate Degree and 3 years critical care experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
Salary Range is $40,000- $43,000
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Send cover letter, resume, transcript(s), and three references to:
Quiana B. Skidmore, Interim Director of Human Resources
ATTN: “ Clinical Instructor” Vacancy
Southern University at Shreveport
3050 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Shreveport, LA 71107
HResource@susla.edu (NOTE: Please type “Clinical Instructor” in the Subject line)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications begins Thursday, January 20, 2022 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability or any other protected class. Title IX Coordinator: Dr. Tuesday W. Mahoney, Fine Arts Building, Room C14, (318) 670-9201. Section 504 Coordinator: Dr. Anjelica Hart, NCR Building, Room 125, (318) 670-9367.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform duties.
Criminal background check and reference verification is required.
Southern University at Shreveport, an institution within the Southern University and A & M System, seeks to provide quality education for its students, while being committed to the total community. This institution prepares students for careers in technical and occupational fields; awards certificates, diplomas and associate degrees; and offers courses and programs that are transferable to other colleges and universities. Dedicated to excellence in instruction and community service, this open enrollment institution promotes cultural diversity, provides developmental and continuing education, and seeks partnerships with business and industry.