Full-Time:Review of applications begins Wednesday, June 23, 2021 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport, Louisiana (SUSLA) is accepting applications for the COVID-19 Coordinator position. SUSLA is a comprehensive community college serving Shreveport, Bossier City, and surrounding areas in Northwest Louisiana. It is one of five campuses constituting the Historically Black Southern University System. The University serves approximately 3,000 undergraduate students and offers 32 undergraduate degrees and certificate programs in a variety of fields including Allied Health, Nursing, Aerospace Technology, Business Studies, Behavioral Science/Education and Science & Technology.
The COVID-19 Coordinator manages the Southern University at Shreveport (SUSLA) COVID-19 testing & vaccination program, plan, budget, and monitors and reports on CARES Act funds. This position is responsible for ensuring compliance with the College’s established protocols for testing, vaccinations, and isolation. Reporting to the Chief of Staff & Executive Director for Strategic Initiatives, the Coordinator will work in partnership with the COVID-19 steering committee, college employees, local health care partners, Southern University System, Louisiana Board of Regents, Louisiana Department of Health, CARES Act, Testing for America, All of Us, or related initiatives helping to oversee the day-to-day operations and all reporting requirements for SU System, regional, state, and national initiatives for COVID-19. The Coordinator must also share SUSLA’s commitment to the health and safety of our community as the top priority as the College adapts in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please note: This position will be on-campus. The primary work location for this position will be the Martin L. King Jr. Drive campus, but the position requires flexibility and availability to spend time at the various college campus locations as necessary. This is a temporary position that is expected to last 12 months with the possibility of extension based on mutual agreement. This position may require some night and weekend work, as necessary.
Please Note: This role may require the Coordinator to be in contact with individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19. PPE and safety measures will be provided for the Coordinator.
This position leads and manages developing, implementing, evaluating, and coordinating of COVID-19 pandemic plan which includes:
- Revise and implement COVID-19 testing, vaccination, and isolation plans.
- Monitor and track CARES Act funds, expenditures, and reporting.
- Carry out administrative responsibilities for COVID-19 plan including but not limited to campus and community education, coordinating or facilitating training, IT and technical support. Includes serving as a SUSLA liaison and ambassador in all interactions with key stakeholders (on-site staff, College leadership, students, faculty, staff, external vendors, cross-functional partners).
- Help manage testing, vaccination, and isolation adherence to critical compliance and operational processes, including participant management; sample management; data entry and analysis; monitoring/reporting; and compliance. Set the tone for the team with a positive and productive environment and a collegial, team-focused culture.
- Develop and manage program events and act as the primary event coordinator or co-coordinator for relevant or related events.
- Troubleshoot issues and capitalize on opportunities that arise on-site while maintaining smooth operations.
- Ensure testing, vaccination, and isolation team members have adequate resources, training, and education materials to rigorously adhere to required PPE and health and safety protocols.
- Develop reliable inventory management approach including monitoring medical supply levels and helping to inform testing, vaccination and isolation prioritization decisions.
- Develop and manage collaborative strategies to identify effective approaches for process improvement through strong relationships with colleagues across the College and external partners and carry through to successfully execute. Strengthen external partnerships by creating and maintaining partnerships.
- Assist with other projects, administrative duties and initiatives as assigned.
- Travel required; must be willing to drive personal or college leased vehicles
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Ability to work with individuals in an empathetic and compassionate manner.
- Strong analytical skills and comfort with MS Excel analysis.
- Ability and willingness to follow CDC guidelines pertaining to COVID-19, including utilizing PPE.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Required to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate knowledge and understanding of ethics in data collection and analysis
- Strong attention to detail is essential
- Ability to direct and work with cross-functional teams including establishing strong relationships with a wide range of key stakeholders and staff.
- Ability to think strategically and implement tactical initiatives.
- Strong judgement and the ability to problem solve, re-prioritize and pivot as needed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Proven time management, organizational, and project management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication, persuasion, and listening skills.
- Must possess a valid driver's license to operate a motor vehicle.
- Must be physically able to carry up to 20lbs up six flights of stairs
- Master’s Degree in healthcare administration or related field; education, social sciences or related field.
- Previous experience working in higher education, social work, or health care setting.
- Ability to work with students in an empathetic and compassionate manner.
$35,000 - $45,000
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Send cover letter, resume, transcript(s), and three references to:
Wayne H. Bryant, Director of Human Resources
ATTN: “COVID - 19 Coordinator” Vacancy
Southern University at Shreveport
3050 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Shreveport, LA 71107
HResource@susla.edu (NOTE: Please type “COVID-19 Coordinator” in the Subject line)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications begins Wednesday, June 23, 2021 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age or disability. Title IX Coordinator: Dr. Tuesday W. Mahoney, Johnny L. Vance, Jr. Student Activity Center, Room 208, (318) 670-9201. Section 504 Coordinator: Ms. Jerushka Ellis, Health & Physical Education Complex, Room 314, (318) 670-9367.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform duties.
Criminal background check and reference verification is required.
Southern University at Shreveport, an institution within the Southern University and A & M System, seeks to provide quality education for its students, while being committed to the total community. This institution prepares students for careers in technical and occupational fields; awards certificates, diplomas and associate degrees; and offers courses and programs that are transferable to other colleges and universities. Dedicated to excellence in instruction and community service, this open enrollment institution promotes cultural diversity, provides developmental and continuing education, and seeks partnerships with business and industry.