Curriculum & Instructional Design Specialist
Review of applications begins Friday July 30, 2021 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport, Louisiana (SUSLA) is accepting applications for the Curriculum & Instructional Design Specialist position. SUSLA is a comprehensive community college serving Shreveport, Bossier City, and surrounding areas in Northwest Louisiana and is one of five campuses constituting the Historically Black Southern University System. The University serves approximately 3,000 undergraduate students and offers 32 undergraduate degrees and certificate programs in a variety of fields including Allied Health, Nursing, Aerospace Technology, Business Studies, Behavioral Science/Education and Science & Technology.
The Curriculum and Instructional Design Specialist primary responsibility is to support the Director of Curriculum and Instructional Designer Services. The Curriculum and Instructional Design Specialist will be responsible for working with faculty to design courses engaging for delivery via web-enhanced, virtual, online, and hybrid. Duties and responsibilities will vary based on campus needs, but the core responsibilities include enhancing online courses
- Assist faculty members in maintaining Program Reviews
- Assist faculty members with curriculum development, assuring that Program objectives, course objectives, and weekly objectives are aligned to include the latest workforce standards
- Lead workshops and training sessions on quality teaching, active learning, competency-based instruction, effective teaching strategies and classroom management and delivery techniques, and curriculum design
- Assist faculty in creating engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances knowledge transfer and retention
- Assist faculty with redesigning and developing web-enhanced, virtual, online, and hybrid courses
- Participate in special projects as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree in Curriculum & Instruction, Instructional Design, Educational Technology, Instructional Technology, or related field
- A minimum of two (2) years-experience designing and developing courses, curriculum and instructional strategies for learning, and or online courses
- Knowledge of current compliance standards related to ensuring accessibility
- Demonstrated ability to provide high-quality online instructional design support using a dedicated learning management system (preferred experience with Moodle)
- Demonstrated ability to develop content that is compliant with ADA Standards for Accessible design
- Demonstrated ability to provide faculty professional development and training related to course design
- Ph.D. degree in Curriculum & Instruction, Educational or Instructional Technology or related field
- Quality Matters Certified Peer Reviewer
- Quality Matters Certificate in Applying the Quality Matters Rubric
- Ph.D. and 2 years of progressively responsible experience in teaching, curriculum design and supervision preferred
The application can be filled out online at the https://www.susla.edu/ApplicationforEmployment
Please attach cover letter, resume, transcript(s), and three references to application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications begins Friday, July 30, 2021 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability or any other protected class. Title IX Coordinator: Dr. Johnetta Banks, Johnny L. Vance Student Activity Center, 2nd Floor/V-210, (318) 670-9201. Section 504 Coordinator: Dr. Anjelica Hart, NCR Building, Room 125, (318) 670-9367.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties.
Criminal background check and reference verification is required.
Southern University at Shreveport, an institution within the Southern University and A & M System, seeks to provide quality education for its students, while being committed to the total community. This institution prepares students for careers in technical and occupational fields; awards certificates, diplomas and associate degrees; and offers courses and programs that are transferable to other colleges and universities. Dedicated to excellence in instruction and community service, this open enrollment institution promotes cultural diversity, provides developmental and continuing education, and seeks partnerships with business and industry.