Dental Hygiene Program Director
Full-Time: Review of applications begins Thursday, June 17, 2021 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport, Louisiana (SUSLA) is accepting applications for the Dental Hygiene Program Director position. SUSLA is a comprehensive community college serving Shreveport, Bossier City, and surrounding areas in Northwest Louisiana. It is one of five campuses constituting the Historically Black Southern University System. The University serves approximately 3,000 undergraduate students and offers 32 undergraduate degrees and certificate programs in a variety of fields including Allied Health, Nursing, Aerospace Technology, Business Studies, Behavioral Science/Education and Science & Technology.
The Dental Hygiene Program Director oversees the Dental Hygiene program to include clinical and didactic portions, accreditation, budget and administrative needs of program and college.
- Develops program curriculum, syllabi, goals, and objectives and evaluates students' progress in attaining goals and objectives
- Establishes, measures, and evaluates program or departmental student learning outcomes for continuous student improvement and success
- Correlates clinical education with didactic education
- Maintains program accreditation with the Commission on Dental Accreditation
- Remains knowledgeable of accreditation policies and procedures
- Manages ongoing program assessment through developing IEP reports
- Attends professional development training, workshops, seminars, and conferences
- Teaches dental hygiene courses in the classroom/lab/and clinical environment.
- Provides advisement to incoming and transfer students
- Meets with faculty and advisory board to discuss students' instructional programs and other issues
- Assists with recruitment, retention, and job placement efforts
- Attends meetings and participates in graduation ceremonies
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree or higher from a program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation or Bachelor’s Degree from a program accredited by the Commission on Dental Hygiene with current enrollment in Master’s Degree program
- Specific knowledge and experience in dental hygiene with a minimum of 5 years full-time work experience
- Current CPR certification and documentation of all routine healthcare employee immunizations
- Documented evidence in the administration of Local Anesthesia
- Administrative and instructional experiences, and professional experience in clinical practice either as a dental hygienist or working with a dental hygienist.
$56,000 - $58,000
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Send cover letter, resume, transcript(s), and three references to:
Wayne H. Bryant, Director of Human Resources
ATTN: “ Dental Hygiene Program Director” Vacancy
Southern University at Shreveport
3050 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Shreveport, LA 71107
HResource@susla.edu (NOTE: Please type “Dental Hygiene Program Director” in the Subject line)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications begins Thursday, June 17, 2021 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age or disability. Title IX Coordinator: Dr. Tuesday W. Mahoney, Johnny L. Vance, Jr. Student Activity Center, Room 208, (318) 670-9201. Section 504 Coordinator: Ms. Jerushka Ellis, Health & Physical Education Complex, Room 314, (318) 670-9367.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform duties.
Criminal background check and reference verification is required.
Southern University at Shreveport, an institution within the Southern University and A & M System, seeks to provide quality education for its students, while being committed to the total community. This institution prepares students for careers in technical and occupational fields; awards certificates, diplomas and associate degrees; and offers courses and programs that are transferable to other colleges and universities. Dedicated to excellence in instruction and community service, this open enrollment institution promotes cultural diversity, provides developmental and continuing education, and seeks partnerships with business and industry.