Enrollment Management Coordinator
Full-Time: Review of applications begins Friday April 11, 2022 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport, Louisiana (SUSLA) is accepting applications for the Enrollment Management Coordinator SUSLA is a comprehensive community college serving Shreveport, Bossier City, and surrounding areas in Northwest Louisiana. It is one of five campuses constituting the Historically Black Southern University System. The University serves approximately 3,000 undergraduate students and offers 32 undergraduate degrees and certificate programs in a variety of fields including Allied Health, Nursing, Aerospace Technology, Business Studies, Behavioral Science/Education and Science & Technology.
The Enrollment Management Coordinator will assist new and returning students in completing the necessary steps to enroll in non-credit courses at Southern University at Shreveport. This position will collaborate with other members of the division to provide support services to students identified as at-risk in the Student Management System. The Enrollment Coordinator will work with the division and become the clearinghouse for student data and reporting. The Enrollment Management Coordinator will help students throughout their academic journey.
- Cultivate an extensive knowledge of financial and other funding sources for the students.
- Facilitate outreach calls/correspondence to students, potential students and other unique populations utilizing information from predictive analytics. These outreach calls will also include payment reminders.
- Guide prospective students through the admissions process which includes assisting with online applications, WIOA applications, and FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) applications.
- Conduct initial intake and review of education and training transcript(s) to determine if prerequisites are met.
- Assist students with clarifying their career and academic goals, in collaboration with Career Services and program directors, as it relates to their choice of program.
- Advise and register first time and returning students.
- Complete Admissions Report and other reports as requested.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about the College’s departmental programs and requirements.
- Respond to in-person, telephone, and written (including electronic) inquiries received from students, faculty, staff, prospective students and external audiences in a timely manner.
- Make appropriate referrals to campus and community resources for students perceived as at-risk.
- Attend professional development activities as requested/approved/required by the University.
- Other duties. (Willingness to accept and fulfill additional assignments.)
The applicant must have a high school diploma with three to five years of experience with intake, customer service and working with the public. The Enrollment Management Coordinator should have a positive attitude, high level of energy and enthusiasm. The applicant should have the ability to prioritize various tasks and assignments and the ability to solve practical problems dealing with a variety of situations facing our students.
- Associate Degree with experience working at an educational training facility.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Send cover letter, resume, transcript(s), and three references to:
Quiana B. Skidmore, Director of Human Resources
ATTN: “Enrollment Management Coordinator” Vacancy
Southern University at Shreveport
3050 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Shreveport, LA 71107
HResource@susla.edu (NOTE: Please type “Enrollment Management Coordinator” in the Subject line)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications begins Monday, April 11, 2022 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability or any other protected class. Title IX Coordinator: Dr. Johnetta Banks, Johnny L. Vance Student Activity Center, 2nd Floor/V-210, (318) 670-9201. Section 504 Coordinator: Dr. Anjelica Hart, NCR Building, Room 125, (318) 670-9367
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform duties.
Criminal background check and reference verification is required.
Southern University at Shreveport, an institution within the Southern University and A & M System, seeks to provide quality education for its students, while being committed to the total community. This institution prepares students for careers in technical and occupational fields; awards certificates, diplomas and associate degrees; and offers courses and programs that are transferable to other colleges and universities. Dedicated to excellence in instruction and community service, this open enrollment institution promotes cultural diversity, provides developmental and continuing education, and seeks partnerships with business and industry.