Financial Aid Coordinator
Full-Time: Review of applications begins Thursday, November 18, 2021 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport, Louisiana (SUSLA) is accepting applications for the Financial Aid Coordinator position. SUSLA is a comprehensive community college serving Shreveport, Bossier City, and surrounding areas in Northwest Louisiana. It is one of five campuses constituting the Historically Black Southern University System. The University serves approximately 3,000 undergraduate students and offers 32 undergraduate degrees and certificate programs in a variety of fields including Allied Health, Nursing, Aerospace Technology, Business Studies, Behavioral Science/Education and Science & Technology.
Provide support to the Division of Enrollment Management Services at Southern University at Shreveport by processing admission and financial aid applications for qualified candidates to enroll in academic programs that align with their personal and professional goals. Responsible for management of financial aid personnel, responding to questions, providing accurate information in a timely manner and maintaining contact with all prospective applicants. The candidate must demonstrate integrity, ethical behavior, and a high level of confidentiality. The position requires the ability to focus on a variety of tasks and the candidate must be organized and be able to set priorities, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
- This position will provide the ability to:
- Assist with managing personnel
- Process Admission Applications.
- Process Financial Aid packages.
- Proactively contact and respond to prospective students via telephone, email and SMS.
- Assess and qualify prospects to determine if SUSLA’s programs meet the academic and professional goals of prospective applicants.
- Ability to establish rapport and build relationships via phone in a high-volume call environment.
- Track record of achieving measurable results in a fast-paced, deadline-driven department.
- Knowledge in social media posting.
- Remain compliant with standards and policies of the University while operating in a student-centric environment.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure positive application progression, student satisfaction and success.
- Perform other office duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least three years of financial aid experience is required; experience in an automated financial aid office is preferred. Progressive supervisory experience is preferred.
- Computer and data entry skills required.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment.
- Must be dependable.
- Ability to work with diverse groups.
- Organizational and time management skills desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet, Banner software or the ability to learn
- Master’s degree or above preferred.
- Knowledge of SUSLA Programs and Services preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of and ability to navigate social media apps (FB, Twitter, Snap Chat).
Salary Range is $30,000 - $35,000 annually
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Send cover letter, resume, transcript(s), and three references to:
Wayne H. Bryant, Director of Human Resources
ATTN: “ Financial Aid Coordinator” Vacancy
Southern University at Shreveport
3050 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Shreveport, LA 71107
HResource@susla.edu (NOTE: Please type “Financial Aid Coordinator” in the Subject line)
Review of applications begins Thursday, November 18, 2021 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability or any other protected class. Title IX Coordinator: Dr. Tuesday W. Mahoney, Fine Arts Building, Room C14, (318) 670-9201. Section 504 Coordinator: Dr. Anjelica Hart, NCR Building, Room 125, (318) 670-9367.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform duties.
Criminal background check and reference verification is required.
Southern University at Shreveport, an institution within the Southern University and A & M System, seeks to provide quality education for its students, while being committed to the total community. This institution prepares students for careers in technical and occupational fields; awards certificates, diplomas and associate degrees; and offers courses and programs that are transferable to other colleges and universities. Dedicated to excellence in instruction and community service, this open enrollment institution promotes cultural diversity, provides developmental and continuing education, and seeks partnerships with business and industry.