Instructor/Coordinator of Child Development
Full-Time: Review of applications begins Monday, November 30, 2020 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport, Louisiana (SUSLA) is accepting applications for the Instructor/Coordinator of Child Development. SUSLA is a comprehensive community college serving Shreveport, Bossier City, and surrounding areas in Northwest Louisiana. It is one of five campuses constituting the Historically Black Southern University System. The University serves approximately 3,000 undergraduate students and offers 32 undergraduate degrees and certificate programs in a variety of fields including Allied Health, Nursing, Aerospace Technology, Business Studies, Behavioral Science/Education and Science & Technology.
The Instructor/Coordinator of Child Development serves as the primary faculty member, responsible for instructing students in SUSLA’s Certificate of Technical Studies in Child Development and the Associate of Science in Teaching Grades 1-5. The Instructor/coordinator will develop and design curriculum which foster student learning and provide academic counseling to students.
- Teach courses in education programs
- Assess the instructional needs of students in the program and coordinate the development of a plan to address these needs
- Assist the department chair in scheduling classes for the programs
- Serve as primary student advisor
- Coordinate the annual core curriculum evaluations of the program, assessment of institutional effectiveness and prepare reports.
- Maintain communication and work cooperatively with instructors of off- campus instructional sites, including Dual Enrollment
- Assist with the coordination of Dual Credit and Distance Education classes.
- Serve on the institutional committees
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters degree in Education; at least eighteen graduate hours in Early Childhood Education preferred
- Bachelors degree in Early Childhood Education
- Two to three years of successful teaching and instructional design experience
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must be self-disciplined and able to effectively manage others
$28,000 - $40,000
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Send cover letter, resume, transcript(s), and three references to:
Wayne H. Bryant, Director of Human Resources
ATTN: Instructor/Coordinator of Child Development
Southern University at Shreveport
3050 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Shreveport, LA 71107
HResource@susla.edu (NOTE: Please type “Instructor/Coordinator of Child Development” in the Subject line)
REVIEW OF APPLICATION DATE: Review of applications begins Monday, November 30, 2020 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age or disability. Title IX Coordinator: Dr. Tuesday W. Mahoney, Johnny L. Vance, Jr. Student Activity Center, Room 208, (318) 670-9201. Section 504 Coordinator: Ms. Jerushka Ellis, Health & Physical Education Complex, Room 314, (318) 670-9367.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform duties.
Criminal background check and reference verification is required.
Southern University at Shreveport, an institution within the Southern University and A & M System, seeks to provide quality education for its students, while being committed to the total community. This institution prepares students for careers in technical and occupational fields; awards certificates, diplomas and associate degrees; and offers courses and programs that are transferable to other colleges and universities. Dedicated to excellence in instruction and community service, this open enrollment institution promotes cultural diversity, provides developmental and continuing education, and seeks partnerships with business and industry.