Full-Time: Review of applications begins Tuesday, December 14, 2021 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport, Louisiana (SUSLA) is accepting applications for the Program Coordinator- Aerospace position. SUSLA is a comprehensive community college serving Shreveport, Bossier City, and surrounding areas in Northwest Louisiana. It is one of five campuses constituting the Historically Black Southern University System. The University serves approximately 3,000 undergraduate students and offers 32 undergraduate degrees and certificate programs in a variety of fields including Allied Health, Nursing, Aerospace Technology, Business Studies, Behavioral Science/Education and Science & Technology.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for providing operational and program assistance to the Director/Faculty of the Aerospace Technology Program. Manage all student records to include class attendance, other records and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Transcripts/Diplomas. Perform a wide variety of services such maintaining partnerships with aviation companies to include internships and maintaining a rapport with Caddo and surrounding school districts for recruitment. Perform other tasks assigned by the Director/Faculty as needed.
- Provide front office administrative support such as filling, emailing, scheduling and data entry
- Track, maintain and update confidential records, FAA transcripts, degree plans, graduation applications and roll of attendance
- Track and maintain purchase/payment request forms
- Assist in faculty course schedule development
- Schedule travel arrangements/appointments for professional development for staff
- Meet and greet visitors/guests and tours in person, email and by phone
- Maintain, file and organize all records, curriculum, syllabi, turn-ins and all associated paperwork
- Maintain/issue and file faculty roll books and be prepared to produce for FAA visits
- Maintain digital data base of required records, forms and related data
- Maintain and order inventory of all office supplies/equipment
- Update hard copy/computer file systems weekly
- Issue/maintain new student application forms for Aerospace
- Attend meetings pertaining to Aerospace/University activities
- Provide memos for Aerospace meetings and as needed by Director
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree and
- Must be able to type at least 40 words per minute
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate knowledge and understanding of ethics in data collection and storing
- Strong attention to detail is essential
- Must have a working knowledge of computers and other office equipment
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and Adobe/Acrobat PDF File/Editor
- At least 3 years of experience in the clerical field of work
- Must be people oriented
- Extensive knowledge with spreadsheets
$30,000 - $38,000
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Send cover letter, resume, unofficial transcript(s), and three references to:
ATTN: “Program Coordinator- Aerospace” Vacancy
Southern University at Shreveport
3050 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Shreveport, LA 71107
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications begins Tuesday, December 14, 2021 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability or any other protected class. Title IX Coordinator: Dr. Tuesday W. Mahoney, Fine Arts Building, Room C14, (318) 670-9201. Section 504 Coordinator: Dr. Anjelica Hart, NCR Building, Room 125, (318) 670-9367.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform duties.
Criminal background check and reference verification is required.
Southern University at Shreveport, an institution within the Southern University and A & M System, seeks to provide quality education for its students, while being committed to the total community. This institution prepares students for careers in technical and occupational fields; awards certificates, diplomas and associate degrees; and offers courses and programs that are transferable to other colleges and universities. Dedicated to excellence in instruction and community service, this open enrollment institution promotes cultural diversity, provides developmental and continuing education, and seeks partnerships with business and industry.