Program Manager (Louisiana Economic CIS Grant Initiative)
Full-Time: Review of applications begins Tuesday, November 17, 2020 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport, Louisiana (SUSLA) is accepting applications for the Program Manager position. SUSLA is a comprehensive community college serving Shreveport, Bossier City, and surrounding areas in Northwest Louisiana. It is one of five campuses constituting the Historically Black Southern University System. The University serves approximately 3,000 undergraduate students and offers 32 undergraduate degrees and certificate programs in a variety of fields including Allied Health, Nursing, Aerospace Technology, Business Studies, Behavioral Science/Education and Science & Technology.
The Program Manager is responsible for the operations, execution, and administration of the grant initiatives. Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of designated program(s) to ensure goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
This position assists in the evaluating, planning and coordinating of participant plans.
- Review program proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing program, staffing requirements, training activities, and allotment of available resources to various phases of program.
- Establish work plan and staffing for each phase of program, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of program personnel.
- Confer with program staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Works with chairs and deans to coordinate activities of program personnel to ensure program progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Review status reports prepared by program personnel and modify schedules or plans as required. Prepare program reports for management, client, or others.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with industry, business, community agencies, and state and federal agency partnerships.
- Contribute to identify grant opportunities and special funding proposals and collaborate to write grant proposals for assigned program.
- Evaluate goals, objectives and outcomes of assigned program and report results.
- Coordinate program activities which include: monitoring activities, events, negotiating facility usage and testing.
- Develop, prepare and execute the annual strategic plan and budget for assigned program.
- Actively participate in program and management team initiatives.
- Teaches courses in the area of Computer Science and or Computer Information Systems, either credit or non-credit.
- Submit weekly itineraries, and accountability reports to academic affairs leadership
- Travel required; must be willing to drive university leased vehicles
- Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field from an accredited university with 18 graduate hours
- Specific knowledge through industry certification and three years minimum of professional work experience in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Cyber Security, Networking, or Cloud Computing
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate knowledge and understanding of ethics in data collection and analysis
- Strong attention to detail is essential
Doctoral Degree preferred
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Send cover letter, resume, transcript(s), and three references to:
Wayne H. Bryant, Director of Human Resources
ATTN: Program Manager (LED CIS Grant Initiative)
Southern University at Shreveport
3050 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Shreveport, LA 71107
HResource@susla.edu (NOTE: Please type “Program Manager, LED CIS Grant Initiative” in the Subject line)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications begins Tuesday, November 17, 2020 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age or disability. Title IX Coordinator: Dr. Tuesday W. Mahoney, Johnny L. Vance, Jr. Student Activity Center, Room 208, (318) 670-9201. Section 504 Coordinator: Ms. Jerushka Ellis, Health & Physical Education Complex, Room 314, (318) 670-9367.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform duties.
Criminal background check and reference verification is required.
Southern University at Shreveport, an institution within the Southern University and A & M System, seeks to provide quality education for its students, while being committed to the total community. This institution prepares students for careers in technical and occupational fields; awards certificates, diplomas and associate degrees; and offers courses and programs that are transferable to other colleges and universities. Dedicated to excellence in instruction and community service, this open enrollment institution promotes cultural diversity, provides developmental and continuing education, and seeks partnerships with business and industry.