Program Office Support Specialist
Full-Time: Review of applications begins Tuesday, June 06, 2023 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport, Louisiana (SUSLA) is accepting applications for the Program Office Support Specialist position. SUSLA is a comprehensive community college serving Shreveport, Bossier City, and surrounding areas in Northwest Louisiana. It is one of five campuses constituting the Historically Black Southern University System. The University serves approximately 3,000 undergraduate students and offers 32 undergraduate degrees and certificate programs in a variety of fields including Allied Health, Nursing, Aerospace Technology, Business Studies, Behavioral Science/Education and Science & Technology.
Under immediate supervision of the Director of Student Support Services the Program Office Support Specialist will serve as a full-time staff member of the Student Support Services program. The Program Office Support Specialist is responsible for the coordination and support of the general, day-to-day administrative, operational and clerical tasks related to the SSS program. Generally, the SSS Program Staff will focus on the required services of tutorial advisement, graduation/transfer assistance, financial literacy and education advisement.
In regards to these required services, the Program Office Support Specialist maintains all records associated with the delivery of these services including but not limited to operation of the BLUMEN system and university systems such as Banner. The Program Office Support Specialist is responsible for reception of students and visitors as well as the intake process where applications for project activities are recorded, filed and distributed to SSS program staff for review and action. All program recordkeeping and official reporting to funding sources and university officials are initiated by this Specialist for review by the Project Director.
- Provide administrative support to the SSS Project Director and SSS program staff as directed, including the maintenance of project calendars, collection and compilation of data, preparation of correspondence and other materials, operation of standard office equipment (copier/fax machine/scanner), supply ordering and inventory, as well as the processing of requisitions, invoices and other requests.
- Presents a professional, helpful atmosphere and positive attitude for SSS students, staff, visitors and callers.
- Provides customer service by greeting students and visitors, answering incoming calls, and providing appropriate information and successful resolution of routine administrative issues relative to SSS.
- Track program expenditures and maintain budgets using SSS Programs and university systems.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of college procedures and regulations as they pertain to college policies and daily grant operations.
- Maintains student records, updates participant files and information as needed, as well as assists with necessary tracking using project and university data management systems.
- Support SSS Project Director with the development of grant’s annual performance review (APR).
- Coordinates travel and all travel related arrangements (accommodations, conference registrations, etc.) for staff and participating students.
- As assigned by the Project Director, prepares and certifies online payroll for hourly and salaried employees including the collection, processing and auditing of leave forms, and work study timesheets, as well as other appropriate student grant aid pay forms, travel reimbursements.
- Supports the SSS Project Director in monitoring and updating the inventory of all program assets (i.e.: computers, printers, software, textbooks, test materials, etc.).
- Handles routine administrative tasks pertaining to the successful execution of the program, including submitting work orders, processing vendor invoices, planning for participant activities and requisitioning services and supplies.
- Assist with the supervision of volunteers, tutors, and work study students.
- Works in collaboration with other Administrative Assistants in the Student Affairs and Enrollment Management Division.
- Works professionally with SSS program participants and observes the confidentiality and privacy of student records, as well as sensitive information in accordance with SSS program and university policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An Associate’s degree with at least two (2) years of closely related administrative work experience.
- Experience with database software, internet research and educational support systems
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Must be able to travel and operate a motor vehicle and feel comfortable driving a 15-passenger van for student trips.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills (ability to meet deadlines).
- Able to build relationships with academic partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer related field or business administration
- Working knowledge of student data base systems such as Banner, Student Success systems and BLUMEN preferred
- Two years’ experience in TRIO program administration and operations.
$25,000 - $30,000
The application can be filled out online at the https://www.susla.edu/ApplicationforEmployment
Please attach cover letter, resume, transcript(s), and three references to application.
Review of applications begins Tuesday, June 06, 2023 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability or any other protected class. Title IX Coordinator: Dr. Johnetta Banks, Johnny L. Vance Student Activity Center, 2nd Floor/V-210, (318) 670-9201. Section 504 Coordinator: Dr. Anjelica Hart, NCR Building, Room 125, (318) 670-9367.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform duties.
Criminal background check and reference verification is required.
Southern University at Shreveport, an institution within the Southern University and A & M System, seeks to provide quality education for its students, while being committed to the total community. This institution prepares students for careers in technical and occupational fields; awards certificates, diplomas and associate degrees; and offers courses and programs that are transferable to other colleges and universities. Dedicated to excellence in instruction and community service, this open enrollment institution promotes cultural diversity, provides developmental and continuing education, and seeks partnerships with business and industry.