Record and Registration Coordinator – (Veterans Affairs Educational Benefits)
Full-Time: Review of applications begins Monday, November 30, 2020 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport, Louisiana (SUSLA) is accepting applications for the Record and Registration Coordinator position. SUSLA is a comprehensive community college serving Shreveport, Bossier City, and surrounding areas in Northwest Louisiana. It is one of five campuses constituting the Historically Black Southern University System. The University serves approximately 3,000 undergraduate students and offers 32 undergraduate degrees and certificate programs in a variety of fields including Allied Health, Nursing, Aerospace Technology, Business Studies, Behavioral Science/Education and Science & Technology.
The Records and Registration Coordinator - Veterans Affairs Educational Benefits serves as the primary contact person for students eligible to receive VA benefits and those seeking student enrollment and/or degree verification.
This position plans, organizes and manages all of the activities related to processing Veterans’ educational benefits and enrollment verifications, to include:
- Administer the Veterans’ Educational Program to include: compiling and entering information into VA-ONCE; notifying VA of students’ progress and academic status; updating and maintaining office calendar of reports for VA requests; preparing information regarding VA benefits for publication; maintaining inventory of VA specific forms; receiving and implementing changes received by VA; preparing application for re-approval of Institutions of Higher Learning Degree Programs for submission to VA; attending training seminars to aid to the adherence of policies and procedures; advising students about problems with their VA; updating and maintaining the office database of VA students; serving as the VA Work-study Coordinator.
- Assists with the registration process, commencement and other office activities, to include, but not limited to, student enrollment and degree verifications, the process for file completion verification, printing schedules and unofficial transcripts, processing drop/add, overloads, withdrawals, grade change requests and other student data update requests, checking forms and materials for completeness, correctness and the presence of necessary information.
- Enforces polices of the University, Board of Regents, Board of Supervisors, AACRAO and FERPA as it relates to student records (e.g., grades, registration, data, maintaining transcripts, mid-term verification, IPEDS, National Student Clearinghouse, etc.)
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of general office work experience, preferably in higher education. Additional work experience may be substituted for college on a year-for-year basis.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization, planning and prioritization skills are essential.
- Demonstrated understanding of the application of technology to deliver records and registration services. Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- A proven record in working successfully with diverse populations.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with university departments and cross-functional teams.
- Must have a profound interest in working with young adults, positive attitude, ability to plan and adapt to change, customer service oriented, highly motivated, goal oriented, attentive to detail, well organized, and able to manage multiple priorities and work well under pressure.
- Evening and weekend work and some travel are required.
- Familiar with the Ellucian (Banner) Student Information System is preferred.
$25,000 - $35,000
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Send cover letter, resume, transcript(s), and three references to:
Wayne H. Bryant, Director of Human Resources
ATTN: “Records and Registration Coordinator” Vacancy
Southern University at Shreveport
3050 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Shreveport, LA 71107
HResource@susla.edu (NOTE: Please type “Records and Registration Coordinator” in the Subject line)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications begins Monday, November 30, 2020 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age or disability. Title IX Coordinator: Dr. Tuesday W. Mahoney, Johnny L. Vance, Jr. Student Activity Center, Room 208, (318) 670-9201. Section 504 Coordinator: Ms. Jerushka Ellis, Health & Physical Education Complex, Room 314, (318) 670-9367.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform duties.
Criminal background check and reference verification is required.
Southern University at Shreveport, an institution within the Southern University and A & M System, seeks to provide quality education for its students, while being committed to the total community. This institution prepares students for careers in technical and occupational fields; awards certificates, diplomas and associate degrees; and offers courses and programs that are transferable to other colleges and universities. Dedicated to excellence in instruction and community service, this open enrollment institution promotes cultural diversity, provides developmental and continuing education, and seeks partnerships with business and industry.