Full-Time: Review of applications begins Monday, March 29, 2021 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport, Louisiana (SUSLA) is accepting applications for the Recruiter/Support Advocate SUSLA is a comprehensive community college serving Shreveport, Bossier City, and surrounding areas in Northwest Louisiana. It is one of five campuses constituting the Historically Black Southern University System. The University serves approximately 3,000 undergraduate students and offers 32 undergraduate degrees and certificate programs in a variety of fields including Allied Health, Nursing, Aerospace Technology, Business Studies, Behavioral Science/Education and Science & Technology.
The Recruiter/Support Advocate assists in the assessment process; Assist in group counseling sessions. Maintains individual participant records; Provides tutoring (if necessary); Provides Supervision at workshops, College/Cultural tours and other activities.
This position assists in the assessment process of participant plans.
- Report to the Director of Upward Bound Sabine.
- Assist the Director with preparations and negotiations of the Upward Bound Sabine Program.
- Serves program with office procedures as directed by the Program Director
- Assist with all proofing of documents.
- Travel for professional development when necessary.
- Maintain participants’ records, provide tutoring if necessary, provide supervision at workshops and other activities.
- Monitors and secures all documents for Upward Bound Sabine
- Must have a minimum of (2) years of postsecondary education. May be a college work study student.
- Must be responsive to innovative ideas, sympathetic to the value, goals and participants with academic needs.
- Willing to travel weekly to target school host site.
- Strong attention to detail information
- Commitment to the advancement of socially, economically, and educationally deprived populations.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Send cover letter, resume, transcript(s), and three references to:
Wayne H. Bryant, Director of Human Resources
ATTN: “Recruiter/ Support Advocate- Sabine” Vacancy
Southern University at Shreveport
3050 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Shreveport, LA 71107
HResource@susla.edu (NOTE: Please type “Recruiter/ Support Advocate- Sabine” in the Subject line)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications begins Monday, March 29, 2021 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age or disability. Title IX Coordinator: Dr. Tuesday W. Mahoney, Johnny L. Vance, Jr. Student Activity Center, Room 208, (318) 670-9201. Section 504 Coordinator: Ms. Jerushka Ellis, Health & Physical Education Complex, Room 314, (318) 670-9367.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform duties.
Criminal background check and reference verification is required.
Southern University at Shreveport, an institution within the Southern University and A & M System, seeks to provide quality education for its students, while being committed to the total community. This institution prepares students for careers in technical and occupational fields; awards certificates, diplomas and associate degrees; and offers courses and programs that are transferable to other colleges and universities. Dedicated to excellence in instruction and community service, this open enrollment institution promotes cultural diversity, provides developmental and continuing education, and seeks partnerships with business and industry.