Student Account Specialist
Review of applications begins Thursday, April 29, 2021 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport, Louisiana (SUSLA) is accepting applications for the Student Account Specialist position. SUSLA is a comprehensive community college serving Shreveport, Bossier City, and surrounding areas in Northwest Louisiana. It is one of five campuses constituting the Historically Black Southern University System. The University serves approximately 3,000 undergraduate students and offers 32 undergraduate degrees and certificate programs in a variety of fields including Allied Health, Nursing, Aerospace Technology, Business Studies, Behavioral Science/Education and Science & Technology.
The Student Account Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing participant educational plans. This includes coordinating all aspects of the Educational Advisor role and working collectively with other related partnership programs as needed.
This position assists in the evaluating, planning and coordinating of participant plans.
- Post cash, checks, money –orders and credit card payments to student accounts.
- Records any miscellaneous revenue to Banner Finance system
- Maintains detailed files of all daily cash receipt transactions to support tracking and integrity of all cashiering functions and total accountability of all cash receipts
- Prepares physical bank deposits of all monies received to include preparation of related supporting record documents, stamping and copying all checks/money-orders received.
- Coordinates with campus police to transport deposits to the bank and monitors return of validated deposit forms.
- Monitor Cashnet payments to ensure they reconcile with Banner system
- Assists the Director of Student Accounts to identify and correct any reconciling factors regarding Banner student accounts receivables and Banner Finance general ledger.
- Maintains and monitors available money in the petty cash fund and initiates replenishment of the fund any time the balance nears 50% of the total fund.
- Maintain and monitor international payments through Flywire and other wire transfers.
- Prepare and maintain invoices for Third party billing and update student accounts
- Occasional evening and weekend work and overnight travel may be required; and
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Researched accounts in collections to validate debt
- Posting funds to the general ledger for the establishment of new budgets for grants as well as, budget adjustments
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Three or more years of work experience in accounting, bookkeeping, payroll or numerical computation.
- Knowledge of and working experience with Ellucian’s Banner Account Receivable module.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- An Associate Degree in Accounting or Business from an accredited college or university.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Send cover letter, resume, transcript(s), and three references to:
ATTN : Wayne H. Bryant, Director of Human Resources
Sr. Ambassador Specialist
Southern University at Shreveport
3050 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Shreveport, LA 71107
HResource@susla.edu (NOTE: Please type “Student Account Specialist" in the Subject line)
Southern University at Shreveport does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age or disability. Title IX Coordinator: Dr. Tuesday W. Mahoney, Johnny Vance, Jr. Student Activity Center, (318) 670-9201. Section 504 Coordinator: Ms. Jerushka Ellis, Health & Physical Education Complex, Room 314, (318) 670-9367.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties.
Criminal background check and reference verification is required.
Southern University at Shreveport, an institution within the Southern University and A & M System, seeks to provide quality education for its students, while being committed to the total community. This institution prepares students for careers in technical and occupational fields; awards certificates, diplomas and associate degrees; and offers courses and programs that are transferable to other colleges and universities. Dedicated to excellence in instruction and community service, this open enrollment institution promotes cultural diversity, provides developmental and continuing education, and seeks partnerships with business and industry.