Full-time: Review of applications begins Monday, July 10, 2023 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport, Louisiana (SUSLA) is accepting applications for the System Technician. SUSLA is a comprehensive community college serving Shreveport, Bossier City, and surrounding areas in Northwest Louisiana. It is one of five campuses constituting the Historically Black Southern University System. The University serves approximately 3,000 undergraduate students and offers 32 undergraduate degrees and certificate programs in a variety of fields including Allied Health, Nursing, Aerospace Technology, Business Studies, Behavioral Science/Education and Science & Technology.
The System Technician is responsible for maintaining and supporting the hardware and software that powers servers. This includes the installation of operating system, software applications and updating software and licenses. The design, implementation, and maintenance of our server infrastructure to include both physical and virtual servers, as well as the associated networking, storage, and security. Work closely with our application developers and network teams to ensure that our servers are able to meet the demands of our business. Also responsible for backup and recovery of data and other duties as assigned.
The System Technician primary responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring the performance of servers to ensure they run efficiently, and troubleshooting any issues that arise.
- Creating server configuration standards and ensuring that they are followed by all users.
- Installing new software on servers as needed, updating existing applications with security patches, and removing software that is no longer being used.
- Monitoring server storage capacity to ensure adequate space is available for new data.
- Providing technical support to users who experience problems using campus computer systems.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- A.S. or B.S. in Computer Science or related discipline with a minimum of 2-year experience required.
PREFERRED (DESIRED) QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience Windows servers
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with VMWare and Hyper-V
- Experience with Active Directory
The application can be filled out online at the https://www.susla.edu/ApplicationforEmployment
Please attach cover letter, resume, transcript(s), and three references to application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications begins Monday, July 10, 2023 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability or any other protected class. Title IX Coordinator: Dr. Devonye C. Brown, Fine Arts Building, Suite C-01 (318) 670-9225: Section 504 Coordinator: Dr. Anjelica Hart, NCR Building, Room 125, (318) 670-9367.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform duties.
Criminal background check and reference verification is required.
Southern University at Shreveport, an institution within the Southern University and A & M System, seeks to provide quality education for its students, while being committed to the total community. This institution prepares students for careers in technical and occupational fields; awards certificates, diplomas and associate degrees; and offers courses and programs that are transferable to other colleges and universities. Dedicated to excellence in instruction and community service, this open enrollment institution promotes cultural diversity, provides developmental and continuing education, and seeks partnerships with business and industry.