Technical Help Desk Specialist
Review of applications begins Friday July 30, 2021 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport, Louisiana (SUSLA) is accepting applications for the Technical Help Desk Specialist position. SUSLA is a comprehensive community college serving Shreveport, Bossier City, and surrounding areas in Northwest Louisiana. It is one of five campuses constituting the Historically Black Southern University System. The University serves approximately 3,000 undergraduate students and offers 32 undergraduate degrees and certificate programs in a variety of fields including Allied Health, Nursing, Aerospace Technology, Business Studies, Behavioral Science/Education and Science & Technology.
The Technical Helpdesk Specialist will provide first responder troubleshooting assistance to various end-user problems. The staff will provide on-site and virtual technical services, create trouble tickets, proactively monitor service tickets, escalate tickets as needed, and ensure tickets and service calls are handled within appropriate service level timeframes. Conduct routine assessments and compile documentation regarding user service requests.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to software applications.
- Troubleshoot desktop and laptop issues
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Walk customer through problem-solving process
- Maintain a database of Information Technology service desk
- Generate usage and service desk reports
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have B.S. or A.S. degree with a minimum of 2-year client relationship experience required.
- Knowledge of Banner, Microsoft, AD Manager, and computer applications preferred. Skilled in interpersonal relations, communicate and work effectively with others, and possess the ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
The application can be filled out online at the https://www.susla.edu/ApplicationforEmployment
Please attach cover letter, resume, transcript(s), and three references to application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications begins Thursday, March 10, 2022 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability or any other protected class. Title IX Coordinator: Dr. Johnetta Banks, Johnny L. Vance Student Activity Center, 2nd Floor/V-210, (318) 670-9201. Section 504 Coordinator: Dr. Anjelica Hart, NCR Building, Room 125, (318) 670-9367.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties.
Criminal background check and reference verification is required.
Southern University at Shreveport, an institution within the Southern University and A & M System, seeks to provide quality education for its students, while being committed to the total community. This institution prepares students for careers in technical and occupational fields; awards certificates, diplomas and associate degrees; and offers courses and programs that are transferable to other colleges and universities. Dedicated to excellence in instruction and community service, this open enrollment institution promotes cultural diversity, provides developmental and continuing education, and seeks partnerships with business and industry.