Full-Time: Review of applications begins Tuesday, November 10, 2020 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport, Louisiana (SUSLA) is accepting applications for the Training Coordinator. SUSLA is a comprehensive community college serving Shreveport, Bossier City, and surrounding areas in Northwest Louisiana. It is one of five campuses constituting the Historically Black Southern University System. The University serves approximately 3,000 undergraduate students and offers 32 undergraduate degrees and certificate programs in a variety of fields including Allied Health, Nursing, Aerospace Technology, Business Studies, Behavioral Science/Education and Science & Technology.
The LSBDC-SUSLA foster a strong climate for small business growth by providing confidential consulting assistance, training workshops, and business resources for small business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs for seven parishes within our region (Caddo, Bossier, Desoto, Red River, Webster, Claiborne, and Bienville). The LSBDC-SUSLA is working towards streamlining operations and maintaining a proficient staff to assist in meeting the needs of the community and goals of the center.
- Assist Center Director in developing small business training programs for the Center’s seven parish area
- Prepare, facilitate, monitor, evaluate, and document training activities
- Establish and maintain relationships with external training suppliers
- Coordinate off-site training activities for all seven parishes
- Design and compose LSBDC monthly training calendars
- Handle logistics for training activities including venues, equipment, setting up refreshments, etc.
- Organize/Assess, develop, or source training programs to meet specific training needs for small business
- Track and report on training outcomes from training evaluations and provide feedback to director and center team
- Complete and manage all training folders with 888 form and all proper documentation for trainings
- Input trainings into Center IC, manage the marketing and social media platforms for the SUSLA center in coordination with the state office marketing manager
- Create all flyers and marketing material for upcoming trainings
- Responsible for contacting vendor, registries and speakers for upcoming training classes
- Manage SEBD program to include inputting projects and training into SBITS; managing all disbursement forms for the SEBD projects with approval of the Director
- Provide some administrative duties to include assisting Director with maintain budgets and paperwork initiation.
- Bachelor degree in business administration, marketing, and/or management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive background in small business consulting, mentoring, and/or counseling, minimum of 5 years is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Proven leadership and an understanding of issues affecting small business owners.
- Ability to provide business advice to starting or developing companies.
- Demonstrated experience driving business growth through innovation and the implementation of technology.
- Customer-service oriented.
- A team player who favors collaborative approaches when working with internal and external partners.
- Able to work collaboratively with diverse leaders, communicate a strategy across all levels of the organization, and build consensus around key initiatives and projects.
- Ability to communicate from a customer perspective, across diverse groups of customers.
- Possesses exceptional organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, able to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Possesses exceptional business acumen, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, can handle the unexpected with flexibility.
Salary Range is $35,000- $40,000
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Send cover letter, resume, transcript(s), and three references to:
Wayne H. Bryant, Director of Human Resources
ATTN: “Training Coordinator” Vacancy
Southern University at Shreveport
3050 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Shreveport, LA 71107
HResource@susla.edu (NOTE: Please type “Training Coordinator” in the Subject line)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications begins Tuesday, November 10, 2020 and continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age or disability. Title IX Coordinator: Dr. Tuesday W. Mahoney, Johnny L. Vance, Jr. Student Activity Center, Room 208, (318) 670-9201. Section 504 Coordinator: Ms. Jerushka Ellis, Health & Physical Education Complex, Room 314, (318) 670-9367.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform duties.
Criminal background check and reference verification is required.
Southern University at Shreveport, an institution within the Southern University and A & M System, seeks to provide quality education for its students, while being committed to the total community. This institution prepares students for careers in technical and occupational fields; awards certificates, diplomas and associate degrees; and offers courses and programs that are transferable to other colleges and universities. Dedicated to excellence in instruction and community service, this open enrollment institution promotes cultural diversity, provides developmental and continuing education, and seeks partnerships with business and industry.