TRiO Educational Opportunity Center
The Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) is a free educational outreach program that provides counseling and information on college admissions to qualified adults who want to enter or continue a program of postsecondary education. The program is designed to assist qualified adults 19 years of age or above in returning to education in college, vo-tech, specialized school or a GED program. EOC also provides services to improve the financial and economic literacy of participants.
The program has four (4) major goals:
- To assist individuals with a high school diploma, enroll into a college, technical or vocational school of their choice.
- To assist college stop-outs/dropouts in enrolling back into college.
- To assist individuals without a high school credential in receiving their high school equivalency diploma.
- To assist individuals who want to enhance their skills.
EOC Services provided include:
- Career Tests - find out which career is right for you
- Career Library - full of vocation/scholarship publications
- Assistance with registration procedures
- Workshops on ASSET/ACT preparation, study skills, time management, budgeting, and assertiveness skills
- Assistance with financial aid applications/admissions applications
- Assistance with GED information and enrollment procedures
- Personality testing
|Annie S. Morris