Information About Skymail
ATTENTION: Effective immediately ALL Students registered for classes, will receive access to Moodle, Skymail, Campus Login and Wi-fi. You will be using the same credentials (passwords) to log in to each.
The SkyMail+Plus is SUSLA official cloud-based student email and applications computing platform hosted by Microsoft. Beginning this semester, all students’ receive newly upgraded mailbox accounts per the new campus agreement with Microsoft. The new Office365 platform is more than just an email and provides significant features such as single-sign-on (SSO) password, 50GB mailbox, 100GB OneDrive (SkyDrive), Office 365 Applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and OneNote), and various apps including Skype, Yammer, collaboration, blogging, photo sharing, instant messaging tools, and much more.
Below is summary of features available using SkyMail +Plus:
SkyMail Live ID:
- SkyMail+ user ID is formatted as following: email@example.com; for example if your SUSLA username is jdoejohndo1234, the SkyMail login will be firstname.lastname@example.org
- For students, the initial password is date of birth using the international format of month, day, year (mmddyy); for example if your date of birth is April 29, 1990 your initial password will be 042990.
- Your username will only contain the first letter of your first name and the first nine (9) letters of your last name followed by the last four (4) digits of your student ID. If your last name contains more than nine (9) letters you will stop at the ninth letter not including any dashes or hyphens. Example: Your Name Is: John Doe-johndoe and Your Banner ID is :987651234; Your Username will be as follows: jdoejohndo1234
- NOTE: The system will prompt you to change the password on the first login attempt. ALSO, when prompted, PLEASE be sure to provide your cell number, an alternate email address and choose a security question in the event you need to reset a forgotten password. The reset information will be texted to your cell phone, alternate email and the security questions will provide verification during the reset process.
|Important Information for Office365 Login|
|Password||Your Campus Password||SkyMail Password|
|Storage Capacity||1000GB (1TB)||25GB|
- SkyMail email accounts are based on Microsoft Outlook Live professional email services
- The account provides users with 50GB inbox and up to 20MB attachments per email
- Supports popular web browsers; i.e. Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome
- Features many capabilities such as address book, calendaring, mobile push e-mail, instant messaging, etc.
- SkyMail+ offers variety of useful Office web applications
- Edit or create new documents online using Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote). No need to purchase and install expensive software
- Windows Live Instant Messenger (IM) let users chat online, collaborate and share documents, place video calls, play games online, and much more
- Windows Live Photo Gallery makes it easy to organize photos, edit them so they look their best, and share them online
- SkyDrive provides users with a password protected 15GB online storage
- Access your documents anywhere via the Internet
- Store and share documents, photos, and video online
- Drag and drop documents from your PC into SkyDrive
- Synchronize and backup your PC and iPads into the Cloud
- SkyLink connects users to campus resources, applications, and popular sites on the Internet
- Access SUSLA home page, Banner, Moodle, etc. with a single click
- Connect to SUSLA social pages on FaceBook, Twitter, YouTube, and Google+
- Access popular sites and services on the Internet such as MSN and Yahoo
Go ahead and log into SkyMail+ on the website and tell us what you think. You can email your feedback to email@example.com.