Help with REGISTERING FOR CLASS: Frequently Asked Questions
I. What is the Enrollment process?
5-Steps to Enrollment:
- Apply Online: Review online admissions application types here.
- Apply for Financial Aid: Two Simple Steps to Receive Financial Aid:
a) Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) here
SUSLA’s School Code is 00768600.
b) Click hereto complete your remaining requirements or view your award
c) Click hereto view more information about Financial Aid
Once you have been admitted, you may check your Banner account to view your financial aid status.
- Testing: Placement Testing (If necessary)
You must submit scores or select one of the following:
- Provide eligible SAT1 or ACT scores taken within the last 5 years.
- Provide a transcript(s) showing you have passed degree level English and algebra with grade of C or better from an approved regionally accredited institution(s).
- Schedule the Accuplacer Placement Assessment by clicking hereOR
- Provide test scores for all 4 areas of the Accuplacer Assessment taken within the last five years
- If you do not have one of the requirements above, please click here to sign up to take the Accuplacer Exam. The Accuplacer is an entrance exam.
- Please review testing dates and times here.
If you do not have one of the requirements above, please click here to sign up to take the Accuplacure Exam. The Accuplacure is an entrance exam.
Please review testing dates and times here.
- Orientation & Registration: Electronic orientation is available daily in the Student Success Center.
Please visit us in the Student Success Center in the Fine Arts Building from 8-6 pm Monday-Thursday to participate.
- Pay for Classes: Pay here.
II. What is the Registration process? (See Student Success Center).
- Upon acceptance to the university, new freshmen and transfer students are assigned to the Center for Student Success for academic advisement. Transfer nursing students, transfer students with degrees or 15+ credit hours, students in certificate and technical diploma programs will report directly to their particular academic department for advisement services.
- Office hours? (Center for Student Success)
- However, if you are a continuing or transfer student who does not need remedial/developmental classes with `greater than 15 credit hours, please contact the Dean/Department Chair of your major field of study.
- If your major is in the Division of Allied Health and Nursing, please email email@example.com or Varner, Tiffany Director of Nursing firstname.lastname@example.org or, Shelia Swift, Director of Radiologic Technology email@example.com
- If your major is in the Division of Business, Math, Science, and Technology, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your major is in the Division of Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, and Education, please email email@example.com.
- No office hours. M-Thu 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM and Friday 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM. If you are a student with 15 credit hours or less or with credit hours greater than 15 and attempting to enroll or enrolled in developmental education, regardless of major, contact Success Coaches by completing the Virtual Advisement form: You may do so by using this link: http://www.susla.edu/form/center-for-student-success-virtual-advisement-form.
III. E-Learning processes:
- To learn more about E-Learning and studying Online learn more here.
IV. How do I Add or Drop classes?
- During the first 12 days of the Fall and Spring semesters, students are able to add and/or drop classes through their Self-Service Banner accounts. After the 12th class day, students must complete the Add/Drop form, located on Registrar’s Office webpage http://www.susla.edu/registrars-forms.
- Return the form to the Registrar’s Office for processing.
A student dropping a class must get the signatures from the following people:
- Academic Advisor
- Instructor of the Class
- Financial Aid