Purpose of the Award
To recognize outstanding full-time Faculty and Staff Employees of Southern University at Shreveport (SUSLA) who embody the University’s standards for excellence and innovation.
- To reward those employees who show exemplary individual achievement, contribution, and performance in their jobs and other related duties beyond their own offices.
- To acknowledge those whose efforts have inspired and supported the performance and achievement of others.
- To provide awards to such employees by a means that is fair, with equal consideration of all eligible staff, regardless of the locus or level of responsibility within the College.
To provide monthly recognition of a SUSLA faculty or staff member who demonstrates:
- A positive attitude toward work responsibilities, co-workers, and customers, and serves as a role model for others;
- Commitment to quality in carrying out job responsibilities, and is an asset to the SUSLA community;
- A willingness to exercise servant-leadership, take initiative, and accept and carry out additional responsibilities beyond regular job assignments for the good of the campus community as a whole.
A candidate for the award must meet the following criteria:
- Nominee must be a full-time, part-time Professional/Technical or Support Staff employee of Southern University at Shreveport.
- Must have been employed for at least one (1) year.
- Can be employed at any of SUSLA’S locations.
- Has not been selected as Employee of the Month within the past twelve (12) months
- Must not have any active disciplinary action pending.
- Has a positive attitude toward work responsibilities, co-workers, and customers, and serves as a role model for others.
- Is productive, exhibits commitment to quality in carrying out job responsibilities, and is an asset to the staff of his/her department.
- Is willing to take initiative, and accepts and carries out additional responsibilities beyond regular job assignments.
- Is consistently dependable and punctual in reporting for duty, completing assignments on time, and participating in additional responsibilities.
Any eligible staff member may be nominated more than once.
Disclaimer: The JOM Committee Chair has the right to verify nomination content with the nominee’s supervisor. For privacy, the names of nominees will remain confidential and anonymous (except for Committee members) and only information in the text boxes in the nomination forms reviewed by the JOM Employee Recognition Committee to avoid any bias.