- Academic Affairs
- Administrative & Operations
- Career Services
- Center for Student Success
- Facilities & Maintenance
- Information Technology
- Office of Institutional Advancement
- Science & Technology
- Student Activities and Services
- SUSLA Connect
- TRiO Community Programs
- University Library
- University Museum
- University Police
Student Support Services
TRiO Student Support Services is a unique program at Southern University at Shreveport (SUSLA).
TRiO Student Support Services is a unique program at Southern University at Shreveport (SUSLA). We are a supportive academic community working together towards academic excellence and achievement. TRiO SSS helps first generation, low-income students and students with disabilities reach their full potential and achieve academic success. Student success is at the center of everything we do in our program.
TRiO programs have a long and rich history on the SUSLA campus of providing comprehensive support services that pave the way to graduation for underrepresented students. We are committed to providing a welcoming learning environment that fosters intellectual, personal and professional growth of all program participants.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP WITH:
- Academic Support and Guidance
- Advocacy and Personal Support
- Peer Mentoring
- Tutorial Assistance
- Career Preparation
- Assistance with Financial Aid
- Graduate School Preparation
- Leadership Development
- Cultural and Community Events
- Computer Lab and Study Area
THE PURPOSES ARE:
- Increase the retention and graduation rates of eligible students
- Increase the transfer rates of eligible students from 2-year to 4-year institutions
- Foster an institutional climate supportive of the success of low income, first generation college students, and individuals with disabilities
- Support in continuing education
Students that participate will benefit from various activities that improve academic performance. TRiO Student Support Services Program is a holistic student development program that is dedicated to helping each student reach his or her full academic potential.
U.S. Department of Education GEPA Guidelines
All applicants and the public at large will be informed through these recruitment materials that SUSLA TRiO Student Support Services does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, national origin, gender, or disability. This project is 100% federally funded. Additional information on U.S. Department of Education GEPA Guidelines here.
For more information call (318) 670-9412, or stop by the Fine Arts Building Rm. C15.
Please click on tabs below to learn more about what SSS has to offer.
Transfer/Graduate Workshop and Feedback Packet
- Transfer/Graduate Workshop and Feedback Packet Student Support Services Transfer and Graduate Students: Return the completed Transfer/Graduate packet to your counselor, during the hours of 8-5pm. Additionally, if you have not completed any other workshops, career assessment and transfer/graduate packet call and schedule an appointment with your counselor, 318.670-9325.
- Download the Transfer/Graduate Workshop and Feedback Packet
TRIO SSS Supplement Grant Aid
- Grant Aid applicants will meet with their assigned SSS wecounselor at least once per month for ongoing needs assessment and action planning. In addition, participants with 60 hours will be considered on a need basis only and will have participated in at least three academic, technological, personal, and cultural enrichment activities sponsored by the SSS department during the current semester.
- The Student Support Services Program provides Tutorial Services to assist students with special needs. The tutors provide assistance to Student Support Services participants. SUSLA's Office of Student Support Services offering tutoring in ONE LOCATION tutoring in the areas of Math, Science, and English will be held in the NCR Building, Room 101. The tutorial lab hours are 8:00a.m - 5:00p.m., Monday - Thursday.
- Tutoring Schedule here
Online Study Tutorials
- TRIO Student Support Services has made it easy for you to prepare for test and finals! Check out ONLINE study tutorials - You can connect with A SUSLA TUTOR with ZOOM.
- STOP by RM. 101 Building F for details.
Director Student Support Services