Help with FINANCIAL AID: Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I get the forms and how can I complete?
- You can access Financial Aid Forms here
I don’t qualify for financial aid, How can I apply for loans?
- Federal student loans are a type of financial aid. If you do not qualify for financial aid, you do not qualify for loans.
- You may be eligible to receive the GAP scholarship. The GAP scholarship will match your out-of-pocket funds up to $200.
Do I qualify for financial aid?
- First complete the FAFSA and our office will assist with determining your eligibility.
- You must Not have any defaulted student loans and a good SAP STATUS.
- You must also have not exceeded your aggregate funding limits.
- Males 18 and older must be registered with selective service.
What do I need to do for an appeal application?
- On the Financial Aid Webpage---www.susla.edu- put financial aid in the search bar, then “get forms”
- Select “Appeal Application”
- The application lists the items needed to complete the financial aid appeal process.
How do I submit completed forms?
- You can scan documents to firstname.lastname@example.org, bring them to our office (Administration building A-43), fax them to 318-670-6313 or mail them to: Southern University at Shreveport, Financial Aid Office, 3050 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, Shreveport, LA 71107.
- See link attached: http://www.susla.edu/page/faq
Federal Work Study:See Attached Info
ALL Other Financial Aid Questions here