Louisiana Transfer Associate Degree
WHAT IS THE LTDG?
The Louisiana Transfer Degree Guarantee refers to a guaranteed and easy transfer for students from a 2-year community college to a Louisiana 4-year public university. Courses are prescribed in the curricula to earn an Associate of Arts/Louisiana Transfer degree (AALT) or an Associate of Science/Louisiana Transfer degree (ASLT). If these degrees are earned and a minimum grade of “C” is achieved in each course, then all 60 hours of course work will transfer to a Louisiana public 4-year university. Note: Students must also meet admission standards, especially GPA requirements, for their intended university.
The LTDG takes the guesswork out of the transfer process and provides a clear path to transfer from Louisiana community colleges to Louisiana 4-year universities. It is the student's responsibility to choose courses that will maximize preparation for the university major, so it is important for students to do some research and seek advice when designing their LT degree. Students should consult with an advisor who can help identify which courses are equivalent to the courses at the 4-yr university to which s/he intends to transfer.
WHAT DOES THE LOUISIANA TRANSFER DEGREE GUARANTEE?
- Admission to a Louisiana 4-year public university (you must meet that university’s standards)
- Transfer of all 60 hours, and Junior-level standing
- Completion of the General Education block, and
- Equal opportunity to compete with ‘native’ university students for admission to limited access programs
WHAT DOESN’T THE LOUISIANA TRANSFER DEGREE GUARANTEE?
- Admission to every university or degree program: you must meet university-specific or degree-specific admission requirements (e.g., GPA, specific course completions, etc.)
- That the courses taken for the Louisiana Transfer Associate Degree will meet specified course requirements for all university majors. You need to consult an advisor or the university to confirm specific requirements.
Dr. Sharron Herron-Williams