- Academic Affairs
- Administrative & Operations
- Career Services
- Center for Student Success
- Facilities & Maintenance
- Information Technology
- Office of Institutional Advancement
- Science & Technology
- Student Activities and Services
- SUSLA Connect
- TRiO Community Programs
- University Library
- University Museum
- University Police
The following items are required to be considered for admission to the university:
A non-refundable application fee of $20.00 ($30.00 fee for international students.) The application fee can be paid online when submitting your application, or it can be mailed in the form of a cashier’s check. All students are required to pay the appropriate application fee regardless if the student ultimately enrolls or not.
High School Transcript or GED Results (New First-time Freshmen Only):
- If you have graduated from high school or was home-schooled, you must submit final official high school transcript showing evidence of obtaining a high school diploma.
- If you obtained a General Educational Development (GED), you must submit an official report of test scores.
- If you have not graduated from high school, we will accept a 6th, 7th, or 8th semester transcript until the final transcript can be submitted.
- Note: We will accept a faxed copy of your high school transcript or GED results for provisional acceptance, pending receipt of official documents. Fax to 318-670-6483.
Louisiana Department of Education
Post Office Box 94064
Baton Rouge, LA 70804-9064
- If you have not graduated from high school, we will accept a 6th, 7th, or 8th semester transcript until the final transcript can be obtained from your school. We will accept a faxed copy of your high school transcript or GED results for provisional acceptance, pending receipt of official documents. Fax to 318-670-6483.
Official College Transcript (Transfer Students):
- Transfer applicants must submit official transcripts from each regionally-accredited college/university previously enrolled. Transcripts are required regardless of whether or not credit was earned, or is desired at SUSLA.
- Official transcripts are also required of former SUSLA students who have enrolled at another regionally-accredited institution since last enrolled at SUSLA.
- Official transcripts cannot be faxed. They can be sent electronically via e-Scrip (ask your former school about e-Scrip).
All new first-time freshmen under 25 years of age who are degree-seeking are required to submit ACT, SAT, Compass, or Accuplacer scores.
- Applicants who have not taken the either test must take the AccuPlacer on one of the established test dates set by the SUSLA Testing Center. Contact the SUSLA Testing Center at 318-670-9450 for testing dates.
- We will accept test scores via fax. Fax to 318-670-6483.
Proof of Immunization:
- Each student entering the university shall provide satisfactory evidence of immunity to or immunization against vaccine-preventable diseases to include but not be limited to measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus/diphtheria, and meningitis. This policy applies to all students entering the institution for the first time and all students returning after an absence of one semester or more. Under circumstances where the immunization records cannot be readily obtained, or for personal reasons, the student may sign an immunization waiver during the application process. In the event of an outbreak of a vaccine-preventable disease, students without immunization records will be exclude from the premises until the appropriate disease incubation period has expired or the unimmunized person presents evidence of immunization.
A student is not officially enrolled until all steps prescribed by the institution are completed. Registration procedures are made available to students at the beginning of each registration period and are published in the semester class bulletin. If a student fails to complete registration within a designated period, a late fee may be charged. No credit is allowed for courses taken in which the student is not officially enrolled. A student is not officially enrolled until all fees have been paid.
For instructions to Apply Online, click here.
For application types, click here.
Records submitted become the property of the University and will not be returned. Falsification of any information when applying for admission may result in the denial of admission or dismissal from the University. Provisional admission of thirty days may be granted pending receipt of required data. The registration of any student whose admission records are still incomplete fourteen (14) days after the first day of classes may be automatically canceled with no refund of fees.