IT Media & Computer Labs
Computer Multimedia Laboratories
Faculty and Students have access to over 400 computers in more than 17 Computer Labs at the Martin Luther King Drive location, the Metro Center, and the Aerospace Technology Center.
Usernames and passwords are required to log on to campus computers. Rules regarding SUSLA computer lab usage are available on the website and on computer desktop backgrounds in labs.
- Cloud Storage Quota (New): Students receive a 100GB secured virtual storage capacity to use for their work on Office365 cloud. Students can access their individual storage space and retrieve files from anywhere on. The virtual storage contents are retained for duration of one semester.
- Print Quota: Students are assigned a 250-paper printing capacity per semester. The quotas can be used anywhere on campus and at the ancillary sites (Metro and AeroSpace). An informational pop-up balloon on the taskbar on the computer screen allow students to keep track of their balance. Those who ran out of quota may purchase additional sheets of paper for a nominal fee at the cashier's window.
- Deep-Freeze Enterprise: "Deep Freeze" management software is implemented in all computer labs to protect workstations and lab users’ against virus and malicious software downloads and installations. The software automatically logs off users after a 20-minute period of inactivity and restores computer desktop configurations upon reboot.
Here are the labs:
- MLK Campus:
- Student Technology Lab/Walter Austin Multimedia Lab - NCR Bldg., Rms. 104, 105, & 106
- Student Support Academic Technology and Tutoring Lab (ATTL) - NCR Building, Rm. 101
- Testing Lab - L.C. Barnes Admin. Bldg., 2nd Floor, Rm. A-75
- Information Literacy Lab- Library 2nd Floor, Rm. 32
- Math Lab – NCR Building, Rm. 214 and Rm. 215
- Humanities Writing/Foreign Language Lab - L.C. Barnes Admin. Bldg., Rm. A51
- J. K. Haynes Education Lab - Fine Arts Bldg., Rm. C-011
- Metro Center:
- Cisco Networking Academy Lab - Metro Center, Rm. 102A and Rm.102B
- Allied Health Lab - Metro Center, Rm. 301
- Health Information Technology Lab - Metro Center, Rm. 429
- Nursing Lab - Metro Center, Rm. 503
- Phlebotomy Lab - Metro Center, Rm. 307
- Respiratory Lab - Metro Center, Rm. 323
- Radiology Technology Lab - Metro Center, Rm. 323
- GED Lab - Metro Center, Rm. 321
- Tutorial Lab - Metro Center, Rm. 305
- Aerospace Technology Center:
- Technology Lab - Aerospace Technology Center, Terminal Building