IT Service Desk
What is ServiceDesk@SUSLA.EDU?
ServiceDesk@SUSLA is an electronic web-based IT helpdesk software tool which allows you to submit and manage your IT work-order requests effectively and efficiently. Tracking emails and phone calls becomes easier with ServiceDesk@SUSLA as it manages work requests with several automated process like request routing, business rule application, SLA management and escalation management. The tool offers an integrated Request Management (Trouble Ticketing), Asset management, Self-Service Portal, and Knowledge Base.
Effective immediately, all service requests to ITC should be submitted via ServiceDesk@SUSLA. Faculty and staff can access and login to the tool using their existing usernames and passwords, conveniently from the Technology page on the University website. Users can also email service requests directly to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL REQUESTS TO INDIVIDUAL TECHNICAL STAFF -- REQUESTS NOT SUBMITTED VIA SERVICEDESK CANNOT BE TRACKED OR PROCESSED.
What features does it offer?
Here is summary of features available to you when you submit a work-order using ServiceDesk@SUSLA:
- Self-service portal login using existing SUSLA usernames and password to submit work orders and track the statuses of service requests
- Knowledge-Base System allows users to find online solutions to issues before raising a request
- Email Integration automatically converts emails to service requests
- Notification Alerts automatically sends confirmation receipts via email or SMS to users and support technician
- Business Rules enable client requests to be classified automatically to different levels, priorities, categories, technicians etc.
- Service Level Agreements (SLA) prioritizes job requests within the defined resolution time thus improving response time and client satisfaction
- Robo Technician to automate the password reset requests
- Client Survey to provide feedback on user satisfaction level with issue resolution and technicians competent level.
- Help Desk Reports provides valuable insights on IT Help Desk load, technician performance, SLA violations, trend analysis etc.
In short, our goal is to find innovative ways to improve client services in the most expedient manner. We are confident you will find the ServiceDesk@SUSLA very valuable and user friendly in submitting your IT work order requests without having to struggle with technology or tools.