- First generation college student status.
- Must be enrolled at Southern University at Shreveport.
- Must be classified as a Louisiana resident as defined by the University Catalog.
- Must have at least a cumulative 2.0 High School GPA, GED and/or College 2.0 GPA.
- Must major in one of the following: STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math), Allied Health, and/or Education.
- Must be enrolled as a full time student each semester (12 or more hrs.).
- Developmental education courses are allowed.
- Must be a classified as Louisiana resident as defined by University Catalog.
- Must complete required student Essay.
- Must agree to abide by SUSLA Code of Conduct and demonstrate behavior consistent with exemplary leadership. (Failure to do so may result in revocation of award).
Seven (7) Desirable Traits
Candidates accepted as Williams Scholars pledge to exemplify the following seven desirable traits:
7. Servant Leader