You’ve Got Questions? We've Got Answers!


1. How Do I Apply for School?
2. How can I sign up for a Campus Tour?
3. How do I create a Student Account?

    A username account (login-ID) is required to access all university services and resources such as email, Moodle, wireless network, and computer access in offices, labs, etc. Login-IDs for students are automatically generated upon the completion of the initial registration and retained as long as they are enrolled at SUSLA.


1. What is the Enrollment process?
2. What is the Registration process? (See Student Success Center)
3. E-Learning  

Processes here

4. How do I Add or Drop classes?


1. Where can I get the forms and how can I complete?

    On the Financial Aid Webpage put financial aid in the search bar, then “get forms”

2. I don’t qualify for financial aid, How can I apply for loans?
    Federal student loans are a type of financial aid. If you do not qualify for financial aid, you do not qualify for loans.
    You may be eligible to receive the GAP scholarship. The GAP scholarship will match your out-of-pocket funds up to $200.

3. Do I qualify for financial aid?
      First complete the FAFSA and our office will assist with determining your eligibility.
      You must Not have any defaulted student loans and a good SAP STATUS.
      You must also have not exceeded your aggregate funding limits.
      Males 18 and older must be registered with selective service.

4. What do I need to do for an appeal application?
      On the Financial Aid put financial aid in the search bar, then “get forms”
      Select “Appeal Application”
      The application lists the items needed to complete the financial aid appeal process.

5. How do I submit completed forms?
    You can scan documents to, bring them to our office (Administration building A-43), fax them to 318-670-6313 or mail them to:
Southern University at Shreveport
Financial Aid Office<
3050 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive
Shreveport, LA 71107

See FAQs for additional questions.

6. Federal Work Study:
Click here

7. ALL Other Financial Aid Questions:
Click here.

Help with IT

1. What is my Student ID and PIN? How do I get it?
    Banner Account and User ID: Your Banner Student Information System account allows you to register for classes, check your grades, view your account and print unofficial transcripts. Your Banner User ID differs from your student Username. Your Banner User ID is a series of numbers beginning with '9'. This ID is generated automatically by Banner System and is printed on your class schedule, fee sheet and Student ID card.
    Instead of a password Banner requires you to create a Personal Identification Number (PIN). The PIN must be six characters long. Visit Getting Started webpage for the Banner & login information

2. What is my Banner Log in?
    First Time Student Login: First time user, enter your Banner ID into the "USER ID" textbox. On the initial login to Banner Web Services, your "PIN" will be your six digit of birth date. During this initial login process, Banner will prompt you to create a new PIN. The new PIN must be six characters in length and the characters for the PIN must be alphanumeric. After you have successfully set your new PIN, you will be required to set a security question and answer. Remember your answer is case sensitive, as it will be used later if you forget your PIN.
    Returning Student Login: For returning students, you must enter your "USER ID" and six digit "PIN". If you forget your PIN, you would click "FORGOT PIN". Banner will display your security question and prompt you for the answer. When you answer the question correctly, you will be prompted to enter a new six-digit PIN: Please note that PIN's cannot be reused.

3. How to log into Moodle?
    1. Username; first initial, last name, last 4 of Banner ID
    2. Password: Date of Birth in 6-digit format
    3. Example User name: Password: 060616
4. How do I log into SUSLA EMAIL?
    1. Username: first initial, last name, last 4 of Banner ID
    2. Password: Date of Birth in 6-digit format
    3. Example Username: Password: 080818
    5. How do I log into SUSLA Wi-fi?
    1. Username: first initial, last name, last 4 of Banner ID
    2. Password: Date of Birth in 6-digit format
    3. Example Username: jdoe2018 Password: 080818
6. How much does a new SUSLA ID or Replace SUSLA ID Cost?
    To obtain a free SUSLA ID during Registration you must have your Fee Sheet showing you are a registered student.
    If you obtain an ID after the Census Date it will cost an additional $10.00.
    A To replace a SUSLA ID that has been lost or stolen it will cost $10.00.
7. How do I register for LockSmith@SUSLA to change my password prior to its expiring.
    Log in to LockSmith@SUSLA to begin.
    1. Enter your username and password where it says Sign in Then click "Log on”
    2. Your username and password are the same ones that us to log into Moodle
    3. Once you have entered your username and password and clicked the "Login" button, you will be prompted to begin the SUSLA Password Self-Service enrollment process.
    4. Click the link labeled "Click to proceed".
    5. You will see the option to set two security questions and their answers. NOTE: The minimum and maximum length for answers is 3 and 25 characters respectively.
    6. Once you have selected two questions and created/confirmed the answers, click the button labeled Enroll.
    7. Go to the top of the page and click under your name where it says “Sign Out”
    8. You have now enrolled in LockSmith@SUSLA and you have the ability to change your password 24 hours a day at your convenience.

Help with STUDENT SUPPORT (Center for Student Success)

1. Fully admitted, how do I get my classes?
2. I tried to register online but I am unable to select the classes, what should I do?
3. What does it mean to get a prerequisite error message?
4. What is the SR or NR meaning next to the listed courses?
5. How do I log-on/access my online classes?
6. How do I find my degree plan or curriculum?


1. How do I find out when my classes start? Date/ Time/ Location?
Student Success Center 318-670-9285 the Student Success Center follows the SUSLA printed calendar has all dates for the start of classes.
2. How can I find out the name of my instructor / How to contact them?
If you are enrolled in classes here at Southern University your class schedule will indicate who is your instructor. When you arrive to class the instructor will give you phone information on how the can be contacted.
3. Where can I get help with Tutoring?
SSS has Tutoring available if you are enrolled in SSS if you not enrolled do so TODAY!
Once you in enroll/qualify for SSS you are eligible for various services offered in SSS. Tutoring in the SSS Tutorial Lab. There are several other tutoring sites as well with the Allied Health and Science Department


1. How do I order an official transcript?
You are encouraged to order your official transcript online by completing the steps below:

1. Visit
2. Click on Technology (on the blue banner above the pictures)
3. Click on Banner in the left margin
4. Click on “Enter Secure Area”.
5. Enter your credentials
        a. Your User ID is your SUSLA Banner ID # or your social security number
        b. If you have not changed your PIN, it is your 6-digit date of birth (MMDDYY)
        c. If you can’t remember your PIN, click Forgot PIN? to answer your security question. If this fails, contact the Department of Information Technology at 318.670.9900.
6. Click “Login”
7. Click on “Student Information, Grades & Financial Aid”.
8. Click on “Student Records/Grades”.
9. Click on “Request Printed/Official Transcript”.
10. Look up the College Code for the institution to which the transcript will be released.
11. Enter the information for the person or organization to whom the transcript will be released.
12. Complete this screen to specifically indicate the number of copies, delivery time and delivery method.

NOTE:Delivery time includes Hold for grades, Hold for Degree, or As soon as possible. Delivery methods include standard mail, walk-in/pickup, or e-Scrip (electronic).

13. Verify that the information entered is correct and submit the request.
14. Enter your payment information and click “Continue Checkout”.

NOTE:Once the payment has been submitted and processed, you will receive an automatic email confirmation. Once our office receives your request and proof of payment, the request will be processed in 3-5 business days. Unofficial transcripts are available via Banner Web Services (Self-Service Banner). Sign into your Banner account with your User ID and PIN and complete the following steps:

        1. Click Student Information, Grades, & Financial Aid.
        2. Click on Student Records/Grades.
        3. Click on Academic Transcript.

    If you will be picking up your requested transcripts in our office, you must provide photo identification. If the student requires another party to pick up held transcripts, this must be indicated in writing to the Registrar’s Office via email (

2. How long does it take for transcripts to be processed?
Transcript requests are processed in the order in which they are received. Please allow approximately 3 – 5 business days to process from the date we receive the request and proof of payment, provided there are no holds blocking the release of the transcript.
During the peak periods of registration and graduation, transcript requests may take longer to process.
3. How do I change or declare a major?
Changes or declarations of majors can be completed online by accessing the Change of Major form located under the Student Initiated Forms link at Complete the form by including the current program and new program advisor’s signature. Once all required signatures are obtain, return the form to the Registrar Office for processing. An email confirmation will be sent to your SUSLA email account.
Changing of major requests will be processed up to the first day of class for each semester. Requests submitted after the first day of class will be processed at the end of the semester.
4. How do I apply for graduation?
An annual Commencement Guide is published by the Registrar’s Office and released to all students via email, as well as posted to the Registrar’s Office Forms page. The Commencement Guide contains all matters related to graduation, to include the graduation application, check-out form, graduate measurement form and much more.
Students are strongly encouraged to maintain an active SUSLA email account during enrollment.
5. I need to verify that I’m enrolled in school. Where do I go?
Official written verification of your enrollment or registration status can be obtained by completing the Student Data Request form found under the Student Initiated Forms link on the Registrar’s Office web page at
For further information, email the Registrar’s Office at or call 318-670-9229.
6. Why can’t I drop or add a course on the web?
The most common reason for this is that you are trying to make registration changes after the official census date. Online registration is disabled after the first 12 days of the Fall and Spring semester and the first 5 days for the Summer. Students are strongly encouraged to make the necessary schedule adjustments during this time.
After the first 14 days of class, students are not allowed to add any classes to their schedule and are assessed a fee to drop any class. An Add/Drop form must be submitted with the appropriate signatures to drop a class after the official census date. You may access this form at on the Registrar Office page.
7. How do I officially withdraw from all of my classes?
To withdraw, visit the Registrar’s Office to retrieve the official withdrawal form and secure the appropriate signatures from: Retention Coordinator, Jaguar Courtyard Staff, Business Office representative, VA Certifying Official, Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, Financial Aid office, and the Registrar. Upon securing the appropriate signatures, the form must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office for processing before the last date to withdraw as listed on the academic calendar. Please note official withdrawals result in a “W” grade for each course.


1. What degree plans does SUSLA offer?
2. How can I find out about GED testing? Or get a HS Diploma
3. How do I access my Moodle?
4. Shuttle Services:

Click here to see schedule

This website uses cookies to ensure site visitors get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies and Privacy Statement. To find out more, please visit Southern University's Privacy Statement.