5 Easy Steps to Enrollment at SUSLA
Apply for Financial Aid
- Step 1: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)here. Southern University at Shreveport School Code is 007686.
- Step 2: Check the status of your Financial Aid here. Check for unsatisfied requirements or view your financial aid award letter.
- Step 3: Click here to view more information about Financial Aid.
- Step 4: Visit the Financial Aid Homepage to learn more about scholarships, types of aid, SAP requirements, etc.
Academic Advising and Registration
- New First Time Freshman and New Transfer Students in a degree-seeking program with less than 31 credit hours can find their academic advisors here .
- After you are admitted. You can schedule an appointment with your Student Success Coach by completing the Virtual Advisement Form .
- New Transfer Students Who Elect to Transfer College Credits will need to go through their program advisors for academic advising. To find out more about the Transfer Credit Articulation Process visit the Transfer Student page.
If your major is in the Division of Allied Health and Nursing – email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your major is in the Division of Business, Math, Science and Technology – email email@example.com.
If your major is in the Division of Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences and Education – email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Steps on How to Register for Classes in Banner click here .
Apply for Housing
- Visit the Jaguar Courtyard website to view floor plans, apply for housing or schedule a tour. For questions regarding Housing please contact 318.670.9760.
Please note that early application for housing is highly encouraged and increases your chance of getting housing placement.
Pay for Classes/Complete Enrollment
The final step to secure your classes is to complete enrollment. You must complete enrollment EACH semester.
- Log into Banner to pay in full or set up a payment plan. If your financial aid covers your full balance you still must complete enrollment. How to Complete Enrollment Steps.
Your registration is NOT completed until you see the green message in Banner confirming “You have completed the registration process.”
Pay before the deadline so you won’t be dropped from your classes.