I. Why are my grades from another college not on my transcript?

SUSLA no longer does automatic transcript articulations; therefore, you must complete an articulation request, which includes a completed degree plan from the departmental Dean or Director or appointed representative. These documents along with the applicable official transcript(s) should be returned to the Admissions Office. Please allow up to 30 – 45 days for completion of this process.).  For information regarding Transfer Students, click here.

More Questions Here 


I. What is the Enrollment process?

5-Steps to Enrollment:

1. Apply Online: Review online admissions application types here
2. Apply for Financial Aid: 
Two Simple Steps to Receive Financial Aid:
a) Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) 
here SUSLA’s School Code is 00768600.
b) Click 
here to complete your remaining requirements or view your award information.
c) Click 
here to view more information about Financial Aid

Once you have been admitted, you may check your Banner account to view your financial aid status.


More Questions Here


I. Where can I get the forms and how can I complete?
You can access Financial Aid Forms here.

More Questions Here

Help with IT

Five Campuses, One System, One Login: A new Southern Universal login (mySUlogin) and email account has been created for you.

MySUlogin is a Single Sign-On (SSO) login that can be used to access a variety of enterprise applications on all campuses of the Southern University System.

Your new mySUlogin (FirstName.LastName@sus.edu) will allow you to log in to:

  • Banner System
  • Moodle LMS
  • mySUlogin Email
  • mySUmobile App
  • SSO-enabled applications (Dynamic Forms, etc.)
More Information Here


I. How do I find out when my classes start? Date/ Time/ Location?
Student Success Center 318-670-9285 the Student Success Center follows the SUSLA printed calendar has all dates for the start of classes.

II. How can I find out the name of my instructor / How to contact them?
If you are enrolled in classes here at Southern University your class schedule will indicate who is your instructor. When you arrive to class the instructor will give you phone information on how the can be contacted.

III. Where can I get help with Tutoring?
SSS has Tutoring available if you are enrolled in SSS if you not enrolled do so TODAY!

Once you in enroll/qualify for SSS you are eligible for various services offered in SSS. Tutoring in the SSS Tutorial Lab. There are several other tutoring sites as well with the Allied Health and Science Department.


I.  How do I order an official transcript?

Southern University at Shreveport has collaborated with Credentials Solutions to accept online transcript orders.

Students and alumni are able to order official transcripts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Transcripts can be sent electronically or mailed in hard copy.

Please use the link below to place your order.


Should you have questions about the status of your request, please contact Credentials Solutions Customer Support at 1-847-716-3005.

More Questions Here


I. Where is my Financial Aid Refund?
The Financial Aid Office verifies which students “may” be eligible to receive refunds no later than the 14th day of class. Attendance must be verified in all classes prior to releasing initial financial aid awards. Once the Business Office receives notification from the Financial Aid of all eligible students, the Business Office reviews each student’s account to determine final refund amounts, if any, that will be returned to students. The Business Office completes this review 7-14 days after notification from the Financial Aid Office.

*All payments are provided to students once this Business Office review is complete. As a result of this process, the entire refund process typically takes approximately 28 days from the first day of class. SUSLA follows this process to stay in compliance with State and Federal regulations.

II.  I have a hold on my account what do I need to do?

  • There are several types of holds, Banner shows the type of hold.
    • For a Financial Aid hold follow-up with Financial Aid.
    • For Registration hold follow-up with Registrar’s Office.
    • For Finance holds (Accounts Receivable, Collections, Fines, Courtyard, etc) follow-up with Cashier.
    • For Admission hold follow-up with Admissions.
    • For Academic Suspension holds follow-up with the Registrar’s office. 

III.  What degree plans does SUSLA offer?

IV. How can I find out about GED testing? Or get a HS Diploma.

  • To learn more on GED Testing, go to our Educational Opportunity Center link here:

V. Shuttle Services:

This website uses cookies to ensure site visitors get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies and Privacy Statement. To find out more, please visit Southern University's Privacy Statement.

I agree