Student Government Association (SGA)
Your voice. Our mission.
JyRon O. Young
56th Student Governmnet Assoction President and Southern Univeisty System Student Boad Member
The Student Government Association supports the mission of the college and is composed of elected representatives from the student body. Collectively, they are the voice of the students and promote student life that enhances the intellectual, physical, social, and cultural atmosphere of SUSLA. This is done by providing vital co-curricular activities that also enhances individual student development.
The Student Government Association's (SGA) Purpose is to:
- To enhance student life.
- To provide for the students of this institution with a representative body that will hear and appropriately act on legitimate concerns expressed by the student.
- To facilitate and foster greater understanding between the students, faculty, and administration.
- To provide effective leadership for the student body through community involvement.
- To ensure equal representation for students.
- To provide a better social, cultural, and educational life on campus.
- To promote the high standards of education offered at Southern University at Shreveport.
Benefits of Serving on the SGA:
- Participate in leadership trainings
- Express your voice in college decisions
- Provide services to fellow students
- Leave your mark by assisting in the planning and implementation of many SLCC traditions and activities
The SGA supports unity, teamwork, diversification, acknowledgment of excellence, mutual respect and a dedication to the positive development of each and every individual. Our goal is to meet the needs of current Southern University at Shreveport Jags and lay the groundwork for those to come.
|Monday-Thursday||9:00 am||1:00 pm|
|Friday||9:00 am||6:00 pm|
3050 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive
Shreveport, La 71107
Johnny L. Vance Student Center, 2nd Floor Room#207