Police Officer 2-A
Full-Time: Review of applications continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport, Louisiana (SUSLA) is accepting applications for the position of Police Officer 2-A. SUSLA is a comprehensive community college serving Shreveport, Bossier City, and surrounding areas in Northwest Louisiana. It is one of five campuses constituting the Historically Black Southern University System. The University serves approximately 3,000 undergraduate students and offers 32 undergraduate degrees and certificate programs in a variety of fields including Allied Health, Nursing, Aerospace Technology, Business Studies, Behavioral Science/Education and Science & Technology.
- Protects lives and property through active foot patrols and mobile patrols, enforcing laws, and investigating crimes.
- Provides first aid and emergency services.
- Investigates accidents, enforces parking and traffic regulations, and campus regulations.
- Conducts crime prevention and security programs, guard service, and directs traffic.
- Maintains logs of radio, telephone, and teletype activities and monitors alarm systems and other police radio frequencies.
- Operates police network computers and dispatches police officers in response to calls.
- One year of experience in law enforcement work.
- College training will substitute for the required experience on the basis of thirty semester hours for the year of experience.
Salary Range$32,364- $57,432
The application can be filled out online at the LA CIVIL SERVICE website.
Please attach resume to application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications continues until the position is filled.
Southern University at Shreveport does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability or any other protected class. Title IX Coordinator: Dr. Johnetta Banks, Johnny L. Vance Student Activity Center, 2nd Floor/V-210, (318) 670-9201. Section 504 Coordinator: Dr. Anjelica Hart, NCR Building, Room 125, (318) 670-9367.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform duties.
Criminal background check and reference verification is required.
Southern University at Shreveport, an institution within the Southern University and A & M System, seeks to provide quality education for its students, while being committed to the total community. This institution prepares students for careers in technical and occupational fields; awards certificates, diplomas and associate degrees; and offers courses and programs that are transferable to other colleges and universities. Dedicated to excellence in instruction and community service, this open enrollment institution promotes cultural diversity, provides developmental and continuing education, and seeks partnerships with business and industry.