- Academic Affairs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Catalog
- Academic Degree Plans
- Academic Programs
- Business and Entrepreneur Center
- Center for Student Success (CSS)
- Continuing Education
- Course Description
- Documents and Forms
- E-BOOKS Program
- Faculty Handbook
- Louisiana Transfer Degree
- SU College Connect Program
- TRiO Programs
Academic Advisement Program
Every first-time college or transfer student with less than 32 college level hours who is enrolling in SUSLA credit courses is required to complete a new student Advising & Registration Session.
The following steps must be completed prior to attending an Advisement and Registration Session.
- Prior to advisement student must complete an application for Admission, submit high school/ GED documentation, Immunization Records, and take the assessment exam or submit test scores if required. Bring test scores and/or copies of transcripts to the session.
- You must obtain an acceptance letter via email from the Admissions Office before meeting the Advisement Session.
First-time/ Transfer/ Continuing Freshman with less than 32 course credit hours must schedule with a Student Success Coach for advisement of courses in the Center for Student Success. In your advising session, you will learn which classes you should consider taking during your first, second, and third semesters. The next step is to find specific days/times of classes that fit your schedule and have the Advisor add them to your class schedule. If you have more than 32 credit hours you will be referred to the appropriate major department Faculty Advisors.
Sign-up for an Advisement and Registration Session:
Email: email@example.com or contact us below.
Center for Student Success
Fine Arts Bldg. Rm. C-08
3050 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Shreveport, LA 71107